Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
WELL DONE.

14th straight victory. Undefeated in 2020.

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
ruthless stuff on serve bar some hiccups with DFs early, and quite sharp off the ground. looks like nole conserved his form from AO.

·
The special one
14,386 Posts
Exact same score as 4 years ago at this tournament.

Solid first match back since AO. Apart from a few DFs in the opening couple of games he served very well, never faced a BP, played well at the net and dominated the rallies as you would expect.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Reactions: TheEndIsNear

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
ruthless stuff on serve bar some hiccups with DFs early, and quite sharp off the ground. looks like nole conserved his form from AO.
Jaziri is not what we can call a significant opposition and we need Kohlschreiber to be sure but Nole was impressively sharp and fit.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I saw extended highlights and Djoko looked really sharp. But it was overweight 36-year old Jaziri, who is 13-35 since 2019, mostly in challengers with some of his defeats being against out of Top200 oppo.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Has Jaziri underpreformed in his career? I dont know his story but I have fond memories of his beuatiful tennis, bit of a Fognini/Basiliashvili/Dzhumur type right?

He made his first challenger final at the absurd age of 26. It seems he peaked last few years at 34-35. In 2018 he beat Dimitrov, Cilic and Zverev while they were ranked 4, 4 and 5 respectively. All of them opponents capable of muggery but impressive never the less from Jaziri.

Does anyone have a quick explanation as to his career and why he peaked so late. Unmotivated or maybe hard conditions in Tunisia, is he simply a Tunisian johnny Groove?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Has Jaziri underpreformed in his career? I dont know his story but I have fond memories of his beuatiful tennis, bit of a Fognini/Basiliashvili/Dzhumur type right?
I heard a conference with Riccardo Piatti and he said that Jaziri is the GOAT, but lacks brains.

He told a story that he was coaching Jaziri and set the tactics against some guy and the tactics was: "Malek, you play only to the guy's backhand" Malek says: OK. He steps on the court and plays 80% of balls to the forehand. Piatti asks: "what the fuck did I tell you ?" And Jaziri: "lulz, I forgot, coach"

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The first set could've easily be a bagel if Djoker was a bit more concentrated, otherwise a NID result.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
NID result Jaziri has been crap for 2 years now. Not even getting meaningful wins on the challenger tour
Kohlscheiber could be a bit more interesting as he pushed nole hard in their last 2 Matches and even won one of those.
But in the end I don’t really care because useless fedshit has knee-problems... again #. Fuck this bullshit

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Why is the worId no.1 after just winning his 11th HC GS titIe pIaying in this tournament again? Oh, just saw the competition & must need the practice/reps before IW/Miami.

·
Registered
16,442 Posts
Jaziri was Berankis before Berankis.

^GOAT comp

That's it. Never much to him. Freely balled out in some of those 2018 wins though. The shotmaking in the Dimitrov and Zverev wins especially was nice.

But I remember even before that he only maintained his rank by a couple slam wins here or there against lowly opponents.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Why is the worId no.1 after just winning his 11th HC GS titIe pIaying in this tournament again? Oh, just saw the competition & must need the practice/reps before IW/Miami.
He said not playing before IW/Miami last year was a mistake as he was undercooked. He also is gunning for the weeks at #1 record and every bit helps to extend his lead over Rafa.

·
justice for all
15,287 Posts
Draw from hell for Djokovic. Semi-retired Jaziri who got bageled in his last match by Sumit Nagal and Kohlschreiber who lost a set to Safwat. It must be nice.
Current Kohli is a walking bye for Djokovic. He’s 50% of what he was even a year ago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts