·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doubles Tennis Tipping Final
Davis Cup

Link to DTT Davis Cup SemiFinals:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=130913

Link to DTT Davis Cup QuarterFinals: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=120090

What is Doubles Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all doubles main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114109

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Doubles Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

DTT Davis Cup Rules

Eight teams participate in DTT Davis Cup World Group, each team representing one country. The choice of the team is free. If there are more than 8 teams, the choice of the 8 selected teams will be decided on the DTT Singles ranking of the Singles players + Average Doubles Ranking of the Doubles players. The players being in remaining teams will then apply to participate to the other teams.
- each team is made of 2 to 4 players with 1 captain (by default, the highest ranked in Singles DTT by default)

- one DTT Davis Cup match will be 5 matches: 4 singles and 1 doubles. At least one member of each team needs to play one match.
- for a team with 2 players, players A and B play Singles and Doubles.
- for a team with 3 players, player A plays 2 Singles and 1 doubles, player B plays 2 singles, player C plays 1 Doubles.
- for a team with 4 players, players A and B play 2 Singles, players C and D play 1 Doubles.

- all these 5 DTT matches are based on picks from the 4 doubles of the Davis Cup QF World Group + 8 matches of Continental Group.

Winner is the one that wins 3 of these 5 DTT matches and is qualified for DTT Davis Cup Semi-Finals which will be played at the time of real Davis Cup SF. Teams qualified for Semi-Finals will be unchanged.

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [DTT: ?, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to [email protected]

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: DTT Davis Cup Final: Georgia vs. Venezuela

1st Entry Deadline: CET: Players apply to be in a team.
2nd Deadline: : Captains are elected in each team.
3rd Deadline: : Captains finalize the team and communicate Singles and Doubles players.
Time of the draw:
Assistant manager: Boarder35m :worship:

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Entry Lists

Team Entry List

Code:
[B]1. GEORGIA[/B] 
Players: FERNET, kai_soad, juakos17
Team Captain: juakos17
Singles Player #1: juakos17
Singles Player #2: FERNET
Doubles Players: juakos17/kai_soad
Singles Player #3: juakos17
Singles Player #4: FERNET

[B]6. VENEZUELA[/B]
Players: Tzar, vamos israel, vmbf
Team Captain: Tzar
Singles Player #1: vamos israel
Singles Player #2: Tzar
Doubles Players: Tzar/vmbf
Singles Player #3: vmbf
Singles Player #4: vamos israel

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Schedule of Play

Code:
[B][U]DTT SCHEDULE[/U][/B]

Saturday ~ DTT F (1 double)
OOP Saturday:
(best of 5 sets with no tie-break in final set.)

ARGENTINA vs. SPAIN SR1 PTS1

Consult http://www.daviscup.com for final Team Lineup.

Tentatively, teams are:
Jose ACASUSO/Agustin CALLERI (ARG) vs. Feliciano LOPEZ/Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)

All send your picks to trucul

Deadline is Saturday 17:00 CET (when matches start)

Code:
[B][U]EXPLANATION:[/B]

[/U]Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with [U][B]SR[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with [U][B]PTS[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs/Hewitt 6:7 7:6 10-6)

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Davis Cup Teams Lineup

Tbd

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

DTT Davis Cup Rules:

- each team is made of 2 to 4 players with 1 captain (by default, the highest ranked in Singles DTT by default)

- one DTT Davis Cup match will be 5 matches: 4 singles and 1 doubles. At least one member of each team needs to play one match.
- for a team with 2 players, players A and B play Singles and doubles.
- for a team with 3 players, player A plays 2 Singles and 1 doubles, player B plays 2 singles, player C plays 1 Doubles.
- for a team with 4 players, players A and B play 2 Singles, players C and D play 1 Doubles.

Winner is the one that wins 3 of these 5 DTT matches.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

DTT DAVIS CUP WORLD GROUP MAIN DRAW

Final

Matches Counted: 01
Matches Remaining: 00

1. GEORGIA vs. VENEZUELA 01:04

01:01 | juakos17 (GEO) vs. vmbf (VEN) vmbf wins on PTS.
00:01 | FERNET (GEO) vs. Tzar (VEN)
01:02 | juakos17/kai_soad (GEO) vs. Tzar/vmbf (VEN)
01:01 | juakos17 (GEO) vs. Tzar (VEN) SR: 1-0
00:01 | FERNET (GEO) vs. vmbf (VEN)

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You can start committing now by indicating for which team (country) you want to play (note that if you have already played for a country in DTT Davis Cup QF and/or SF, you cannot play for a different country). Team Entry List on thread #3 gives you the names of players having already committed and teams already available.
Names of captains and whether you play Singles/Doubles have also to be confirmed.

:wavey:

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So, Juakos17 and Tzar need to also confirm if they want to be captain asap.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts

In for Georgia

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

IN for Venezuela! :D

Vamos ganar esto, muchachos! :wavey:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

In.

Yes of course i will keep being captain ;)

I think that the fact 1 match will decide everything is pretty scary :shrug:

IMO we should play with other matches :shrug:

And trucul we will have the same team than in SFs.\

Tzar.
Vamos Israel.
Vmfb.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

In.

Yes of course i will keep being captain ;)

I think that the fact 1 match will decide everything is pretty scary :shrug:

IMO we should play with other matches :shrug:

And trucul we will have the same team than in SFs.\

Tzar.
Vamos Israel.
Vmfb.
I am thinking about what will be the best formula for this Final. I agree one match is not enough.

There are several possibilities:

- either we bet on Davis Cup Singles matches of Friday (but that is not Doubles TT)
- or we use some doubles challenger matches of the week (but Cancun, Lima and Toyota should have poor level).
- or we keep 1 match.

I was thinking about picking some doubles challenger matches (let us say 7 or 8) with a weight of 1 per match and picking the Doubles Davis Cup Final with a weight of 10.

That way, if DTT players pick a different winner in Davis Cup final, then, this will be deciding match. If they pick the same winner, then matches will be decided on number of correct picks during the week. Another option would be that having correct SR in final would be priority criterion compared to overall number of picks during the week.

Any feedback is welcome to find the best alternative. :wavey:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

I like the idea of 1 point maybe 5 matches + Final 10 points :)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

and i know captains are based on rankings but for 2009 venezula will be seed 1 or 2, so i'd like to keep being captain.

i think captains must be from the original country and if there is more than one, then picked by the wholee team, not by ranking.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I propose that the deadline for commitments for the teams is Friday 18:00 CET (but it should not change from current teams we have). After that deadline, team captains will have to give the names of Single players for matches 1, 2, 3, 4 and Doubles players.

·
Registered
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I am still waiting from Singles player and Doubles player list of team of GEORGIA (send me by PM or in this thread).

Quick update now on the proposed DTT OOP and criteria for win:

- day 1 of DTT OOP will be played on Thursday and based on Challengers matches of Cancun, Lima and Toyota (at least 5 matches otherwise some matches of Friday will be added).

For each DTT match of the DTT Final, the winner of these matches will get what I call the "bonus advantadge".

- day 2 of DTT OOP will be played on Friday and be based on picking the result after day 1 of Davis Cup matches (DTT players will have to send me either Argentina 2-0, Spain 2-0 or Draw 1-1). OK, that is not doubles match but betting on result of a pair of singles matches.

For each DTT match of the DTT Final, if there is a difference in the picks and one of the DTT players has correct result, he will get the "bonus advantadge" (whatever result of day 1). If there is not difference in picks or if nobody finds the correct result, "bonus advantadge" after day 1 is kept.

- day 3 of DTT OOP will be played on Saturday and based on the Doubles Davis Cup final match. The same criteria as for any DTT will be used (win, SR, PTS). But, in case of tie, instead of using CB or rank, the owner of the "bonus advantadge" will win.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts