Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Cincinnati is going to rock. Who would've thought 2 years ago that Roddick vs. Ferrero could be a 2nd round match in 2005?

Interesting draw. Federer/Blake could be really fun.

There's Moya/Agassi and Nadal/Berdych 1st round matches too. Damn!

·
Banned
337 Posts
LaPetiteSerbe said:
Wow, I bet Federer is not happy about that draw!

Why not? Nadal, Hewitt, and Roddick will beat up each other on the other side before he has to play any of them. And if Roddick can beat Blake in two sets, Roger shouldn't have a problem with him.

But I was wondering, is it likely that Agassi will pull out of Cincinnati if he gets to the finals of Montreal?

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
u think federer is afraid of hewitt and roddick????????
he is only afraid of nadal
fedpras said:
Why not? Nadal, Hewitt, and Roddick will beat up each other on the other side before he has to play any of them. And if Roddick can beat Blake in two sets, Roger shouldn't have a problem with him.

But I was wondering, is it likely that Agassi will pull out of Cincinnati if he gets to the finals of Montreal?

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
Lady said:
Wow!! So many great 1st round match-ups!! :eek:
I know :eek:

Robredo/Gaudio
Rafa/Berdych
Davydenko/Grosjean
Massu/Henman
Moya/Agassi

to name a few!!!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I'd like to see the Gasquet v. Lopez 1st round match but that probably won't be shown. At least the top players are all entered to play....but the question is are they ready to play and will they play up to form? I wonder what Safin is like now after that knee surgury? If he is back in form he would make a tough SF for Roger. As for Nadal.....he could have an easy time if Hewitt and Roddick are still floundering. So basically the draw doesn't tell anything until we see how everyone plays in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Suzi said:
I know :eek:

Robredo/Gaudio
Rafa/Berdych
Davydenko/Grosjean
Massu/Henman
Moya/Agassi

to name a few!!!
Also

Puerta/Ginepri
Murray/Dent
Gasquet/Lopez
Stepanek/Monfils

But ESPN will probably only show the matches with Americans, Nadal, or Hewitt.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Major blarfing here. Youzhny/Nadal and Ferrero/Roddick 2nd round matches. :(

Gaudio/Robredo again, right away! Revenge for opera boy?

Moya's shitty draws are not going to build his confidence any.

Davydenko/Nalbandian R16 possible again, but tough draw for both so perhaps not... again.

Reactions: tangytennis

·
Banned
337 Posts
DanEd said:
u think federer is afraid of hewitt and roddick????????
he is only afraid of nadal
No, I don't think he's scared of any of them. But I bet he's glad that Hewitt and Nadal could potentially play in the semifinals, which will most likely be a very tough match for both of them.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Rogi has a brilliant draw! Players who have defeated him before: Nalbandian, Henman, Gasquet, Nadal, Roddick, Hewitt, Berdych, Ancic, JCF and even some of the hotter players this summer Rusedski and Mathieu are all on the opposite side.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
Rogi has a brilliant draw! Players who have defeated him before: Nalbandian, Henman, Gasquet, Nadal, Roddick, Hewitt, Berdych, Ancic, JCF and even some of the hotter players this summer Rusedski and Mathieu are all on the opposite side.
Yeah but he's got Ivan who played him tough a couple times this year. Although Ivan's not played so well lately so they may never meet anyway. I don't discount Blake. He's looked good this summer and Roger hasn't played in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Actually both Roger and Marat seem to have very reasonable draws i.e if Marat doesn't pull out. I have a feeling that if AA gets to the finals of Rogers Masters then he will pull out of Cincy and that means that there is a very good chance of a Roger/Marat semi-finals.

The other half of the draw looks more competitve on paper but I think the only player likely to prevent a Roddick/Nadal QF is unfortunately Monfils (nobody else has had any worthwhile results this year). Ofcourse, Tomas could take out Nadal in the 1st round but I doubt it.

The top half in that part of the draw seems to be a QF between Hewitt and PHM/Seb and we will know whether it is PHM or Seb by the end of the 2nd round.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
mirkaland said:
Yeah but he's got Ivan who played him tough a couple times this year. Although Ivan's not played so well lately so they may never meet anyway. I don't discount Blake. He's looked good this summer and Roger hasn't played in 6 weeks.
Yeah and we all know Roger has the 'I cant get through the 1st round in Cincy' mentality :mad:
Mathieu good luck boy :bounce:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
mirkaland said:
Nah, Blake will not pose any problems ( and I say this after watching the Roddick/Blake match) and Fed has a psychological hold over Ivan so I don't see that as a problem.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.