Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time, I was wishing he could break the pattern and win a GS match, and now he was two wins!

On to the third round :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ivo into 3rd round with 6-7, 6-4,6-3,6-1 win over Sela

Another great match for Ivo. He had at least 5 breaks of serve for the 2nd match in a row. He's really looking solid.

It's really annoying that the AO only seems to have match stats for the 1st 6 courts.

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
1st time he enter in a GS 3rd round??? :lol:

what a mug this sela

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Good win. And many breaks again !

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm worry what's with Ivo's tie-breaks. Has lost 5 in a row :(
Run of bad luck. What's nice is he doesn't seem to need them. There's a lot of luck in TBs, I'm sure the %s will swing around soon and even out.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
:mad:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
His first GS 3rd round appearance for 4 years and he's in a nice section of the draw. Looking good for the doctor.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
this guy Sela will never play the way he played in DC against us :mad:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Karlovic should win Youzhny in three tiebreaks :devil: after so bad luck in it

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
lots of breaks :D ivo has gotten so much better off the ground
hope he can pick it up in the tbs though

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
well he isn't a TB king anymore. :lol: lost what 5 in a row but hell yeah he is becoming a return king day by day. well dudi almost had safin in ao last year and he single handedly defeated chile in DC Tie. so certainly it was good win for dr Ivo. :yeah:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Also it was the first time he reached third round since 2004 wimbledon.(where he eventually lost to federer.)
Well i don't about where his ranking will be but he is indeed the true croatian #1. which is going to be terrific feat considering the fact what he has gone through.(mistreatment form croatian tennis association, stammering, etc.)
the slower certainly helping him to get more balls back.(like i noted his game from paris)

youzhny isn't really a tough player but his bh is very dangerous. his serve is weak and fh is ok. isn't really a good volleyer. well i din't expect karlo to go this far but goo doc.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Also it was the first time he reached third round since 2004 wimbledon.(where he eventually lost to federer.)
Well i don't about where his ranking will be but he is indeed the true croatian #1. which is going to be terrific feat considering the fact what he has gone through.(mistreatment form croatian tennis association, stammering, etc.)
the slower certainly helping him to get more balls back.(like i noted his game from paris)

youzhny isn't really a tough player but his bh is very dangerous. his serve is weak and fh is ok. isn't really a good volleyer. well i din't expect karlo to go this far but goo doc.
I like Karlovic too. He's too nice to hate.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts