Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
41,431 Posts
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - All updated. Friday OOP @ post #111

To say my opinion, in first case about Mahut, JJ sent PM to hear opinions of the managers :wavey: and we decided when a match is postponed with two or more days to be cancel :wavey:

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - All updated. Friday OOP @ post #111

Yes I know it has been a terrible tournament.

My decision to cancel the match that had already started was for the same reason I cancelled the match in Round 1, this also would have decided a number of DTT matches. I simply cannot manage three DTT rounds at once, and I think it is absurd to have QF matches finished before 2nd Round and 3rd Round. I have been getting confused trying to manage 2 rounds at a time.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

Yes I know it has been a terrible tournament.

My decision to cancel the match that had already started was for the same reason I cancelled the match in Round 1, this also would have decided a number of DTT matches. I simply cannot manage three DTT rounds at once, and I think it is absurd to have QF matches finished before 2nd Round and 3rd Round. I have been getting confused trying to manage 2 rounds at a time.
Yeah you are right... Queens is just badly organized with stupid schedules etc...
It's pretty frustrating though but I understand that you were getting confused.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts

Queens is not making a good case to be a Masters series level tournament again...

On another note DTT has been growing quite impressively since the beginning of the season. I think at year's end we need to figure out a better structure and/or rules to accommodate the increased number of players.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

Singles Quarterfinal Results

02:04 | (1) Dupuis2006 (CAN) vs. balloon (SIN) #SRs: 1-2
03:03 | (8) ibreak4coffee (CAN) vs. (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) #SRs: 1-1, Shootout: SR1
05:03 | (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) vs. KalleOnAir (GER) #SRs: 1-0
03:05 | trucul (FRA) vs. Boarder35m (GER) #SRs: 2-4

Singles Semifinals

00:00 | balloon (SIN) vs. (Q) mmarto193 (BUL)
00:00 | (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) vs. Boarder35m (GER)

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

Doubles Semifinal Results - Day 1 of 2

05:06 | (Q) Milton/nicksimioni (BRA/SWE) vs. nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) #SRs: 3-4
08:09 | kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) vs. balloon/Boarder35m (SIN/GER) #SRs: 4-6

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

Singles Semifinal Diffs

00:00 | balloon (SIN) vs. (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) - Hewitt, Lopez vs. Haase, Mirnyi SR Differences: Hewitt 2-1 vs. Haase 2-1, Mirnyi 2-1 v 2-0, Lopez 2-1 vs. Mirnyi 2-0, Marach 2-0 v 2-1
00:00 | (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) vs. Boarder35m (GER) - Mirnyi, Mirnyi vs. Lindstedt, Lopez SR Differences: Haase 2-0 v 2-1, Mirnyi 2-0 vs. Lindstedt 2-1, Mirnyi 2-0 vs. Lopez 2-1, Bryan 2-1 v 2-0

Doubles Semifinal Diffs - Day 2 of 2

05:06 | (Q) Milton/nicksimioni (BRA/SWE) vs. nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) (SR 3:4) - Anderson +2 vs. Marach +2
08:07 | kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) vs. balloon/Boarder35m (SIN/GER) (SR 4:5) - Mirnyi, Mirnyi +2 vs. Lindstedt, Lopez +2 SR Differences: Hewitt 2-0 v. Hewitt 2-1, Mirnyi 2-0 v. Lindstedt 2-1, Mirnyi 2-1 +2 v. Lopez 2-1 +2, Bhupathi 2-1 +2 v. Bhupathi 2-0 +2

·
41,431 Posts

Queens is not making a good case to be a Masters series level tournament again...

On another note DTT has been growing quite impressively since the beginning of the season. I think at year's end we need to figure out a better structure and/or rules to accommodate the increased number of players.
Absolutely agree I want to revise questions about late picks and entry list, we should use the same structure as Tennis Tipping, I think we should have also a board of DTT, where the members should be all managers this year + trucul and 1,2 players, for example Boarder35m, trucul, EddyDoubleD, Gavnich77 and ibreak4coffee and maybe myself :angel: (maybe I can miss someone :wavey:). But we should discuss this at the end of the season :cool:

·
Registered
18,115 Posts

Absolutely agree I want to revise questions about late picks and entry list, we should use the same structure as Tennis Tipping, I think we should have also a board of DTT, where the members should be all managers this year + trucul and 1,2 players, for example Boarder35m, trucul, EddyDoubleD, Gavnich77 and ibreak4coffee and maybe myself :angel: (maybe I can miss someone :wavey:). But we should discuss this at the end of the season :cool:
I completely agree here. :yeah:

In fact theoretically we have a DTT board which includes trucul, Drikke and me, but our mayor problem last year was to prevent DTT from falling apart (sometimes there were tournaments with only 18 players)

Drikke is not around anymore :sad: and trucul said that he could "only" make the updates of the rankings (which is of course a lot).
There are completely new tasks for DTT at the moment (with the bigger numbers of players and less managers) and it would really help to find a new DTT board :yeah:

But as said before it should better be made in the off-season :)

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - Friday Diffs posted

OOP for Friday
L: [3] M Bhupathi (IND) / L Paes (IND) vs [2] M Mirnyi (BLR) / D Nestor (CAN) SR 3
L: [3] M Bhupathi (IND) / L Paes (IND) vs [7] R Lindstedt (SWE) / H Tecau (ROU) SR 3
H: [1] R Bopanna (IND) / A Qureshi (PAK) vs C Kas (GER) / P Kohlschreiber (GER) SR 4
L: [1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [5] O Marach (AUT) / M Matkowski (POL) SR 5
L: J Del Potro (ARG) / R Stepanek (CZE) vs [5] O Marach (AUT) / M Matkowski (POL) SR 5

Bhupathi vs Mirnyi SR 3
Bhupathi vs Lindstedt SR 3
Bopanna vs Kas SR 4
Bryan vs Marach SR 5
Del Potro vs Marach SR 5

Matches count for Final in singles and doubles, Day 1 of 2.
Deadline at 1:00pm CEST (1300hrs).
Matches are best of 3 sets with the 3rd set a super tie-break.
Please send your picks to jervisjames.
Code:
[B][U]EXPLANATION:[/B]

[/U]Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with [U][B]SR[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with [U][B]PTS[/B][/U] after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs/Hewitt 6:7 7:6 10-6)

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)

Singles Semifinal Results

04:05 | balloon (SIN) vs. (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) #SRs: 2-3

05:04 | (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) vs. Boarder35m (GER) #SRs: 2-2

Doubles Semifinal Results

12:15 | (Q) Milton/nicksimioni (BRA/SWE) vs. nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) #SRs: 7-8

17:15 | kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) vs. balloon/Boarder35m (SIN/GER) #SRs: 6-9

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - Saturday OOP posted

Finals

Singles Diffs - Day 1 of 2

00:00 | (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) vs. (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) - Mirnyi vs. Bhupathi SR Differences: Mirnyi 2-1 vs. Bhupathi 2-1

Doubles Diffs - Day 1 of 2

00:00 | nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) vs. kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) - Missing picks from quiron

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - Thurs Diffs posted

quiron :sad:

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) - London/Halle - Final Diffs posted Day1 of 2.

I forgot :ras: tomorrow I will send picks

·
41,431 Posts

It's night in Australia, so maybe jervis is sleeping, so I will post tomorrow OOP.

London : Bob BRYAN (USA)/Mike BRYAN (USA) vs. Mahesh BHUPATHI (IND)/Leander PAES (IND) PTS1
Halle : Rohan BOPANNA (IND)/Aisam-Ul-Haq QURESHI (PAK) vs. Robin HAASE (NED)/Milos RAONIC (CAN) SR2

Send only last names:

Bryan vs. Bhupathi PTS1
Bopanna vs. Haase SR2

Send pick to jervisjames before 1:30 pm CET

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

Thankyou again mmarto193. I will update now.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Finals

Singles Diffs - Day 2 of 2

02:03 | (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) vs. (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) #SRs: 1-2 Same Winners: Congratulations Elirj70.

Doubles Diffs - Day 2 of 2

03:01 | nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) vs. kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) (SR 2:1) - Bryan vs. Bhupathi - not enough to challenge. Congratulations nickelS/tennisbabe999.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts

Finals

Singles Diffs - Day 2 of 2

02:03 | (Q) mmarto193 (BUL) vs. (Q) Elirj70 (BRA) #SRs: 1-2 Same Winners: Congratulations Elirj70.

Doubles Diffs - Day 2 of 2

03:01 | nickelS/tennisbabe999 (RUS/CAN) vs. kingroger/quiron (GER/ARG) (SR 2:1) - Bryan vs. Bhupathi - not enough to challenge. Congratulations nickelS/tennisbabe999.
Thanks, Jervijames! Excelent job here in a so difficult tournament!

MMARTO193...I swear I saw the wrong day 01 final result! For me, mmarto was winning and I sent the risk pick today (BUPHATHI vs BRYANS)... After MIRNYI match I was sad yesterday!!! So that was the luckiest win in my MTF life...totally.

Congrats, Nickels/tennisbabe99 for doubles title!

121 - 140 of 143 Posts