Registered
62,758 Posts
translation please

Reactions: Mimi

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Can't be true :sad:

Please someone translate the article ...

Reactions: oneandonlyhsn

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
NEWS: Myskina quits Russia Fed Cup team

The unseeded Puerta had already created the surprise of getting all the way to the French Open final, where he was finally beaten 6-7 (6-8) 6-3 6-1 7-5 by Nadal, but a positive test following that match risks ending his career.

Puerta, 27, has already been banned for nine months following a positive test in October 2003 and should the latest test prove conclusive, then he will become the first ATP player to be handed a life ban.

The report confirms that the A and B sample has recorded positive result for the major stimulant etilefrine, a stimulant normally used for cases of hypertension and is regarded as a product worth a two-year man in a primary case.

Puerta, who has enjoyed a meteoric rise from a world ranking of 400 in 2004 to 9 in 2005, could become the fifth Argentine player to fail a dope test after Juan Ignacio Chela (2000), Guillermo Coria (2001), Martin Rodriguez (2003) and Guillermo Canas (2005).

The player, who is currently competing at the Japan Open in Tokyo, is reported to have told his staff that he took medication for a bout of flu at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Oh, here we go again. I was really hoping it wouldn't be a male, especially not an Argentinian male, again.

We'll see how Mariano is able to defend himself. If he does get the life ban, what a shameful piece of history he will attain.

Once again, if he was using the stimulant, how sad for Nikolay and all others who fell to him at RG. :(

Reactions: star

·
Registered
901 Posts
That sounds bad, if he is found guilty he would face a life ban. It is a shame for him though.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
if found guilty, all the money he has made since RG, should be split up evenly to players that he has beaten from that point-present, or donate to charity :lol:

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
it's too early to start insulting and blaming...

you shouldn't belive so easily everything you read.

Here in Argentina there is no news about that...

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
if found guilty, all the money he has made since RG, should be split up evenly to players that he has beaten from that point-present, or donate to charity :lol:
Not a bad solution, but interesting that L'Equipe decided to leak this now. Interesting that the drug he allegedly was using is used to treat guys for low flow priapism a medical disorder where the persistent erection of the schlong in the absence of sexual interest.

I don't think fonsie would need this stuff.

·
Registered
940 Posts
U think the papers would print something out like that without knowing the facts first :rolleyes: , u ever heard of defamation of character, its only a matter of hours before Puerta accepts his punishment.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Now I understand the accusations Kristof Vliegen made this year at Roland Garros when he played Marino Puerta in the second round.

Before the match:
'I couldn't believe that this Puerta guy is ranked in the top-50 of the world. Once I played him and it was a very easy win for me.' (Vliegen refers to a a match in Palermo 2004 where he beat Puerta 6-1, 6-2)

The match:
Puerta d. Vliegen 6-3, 7-5, 6-2

After the match:
'After three minutes I already knew that it wouldn't be easy. He could go on letting me run from the left to the right for five more hours. He deserved to win. Unfortunately I could not recuperate, like so many players these days can't.'

'This Puerta guy is fysically an animal. And yeah... whatever he has taken or not in the past... I'm not saying Puerta is taking doping now, it doesn't even interest me. By the way there's someone following me, he is sitting left in the front.'

Apparentely someone from the anti-doping agency. Vliegen: 'It is my third doping test this year. The year before I have played 13 ATP-tournaments and I have been tested every single time. I think it doesn't have to be this way. I know a player, ranked top-20, who's been tested only once. Someone who has loads more energy than I have.' An Argentine or a Spaniard? 'No answer.'

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts
If he DID take things because of flu, he has been very careless! If I had been banned before, I would make sure that I had something to cover my ass when taking anything to get rid of flu. Even if I had to have 20,000 notes of 20,000 doctors! But it wouldn't happen to me again!

anyhow, this is bad......:sad:

1 - 20 of 551 Posts