·
Administrator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Here's an insightful article from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/sep/13/tennis-drug-cheats-anti-doping

Excerpt:

Amongst all the sports classed under the World Anti-Doping Agency’s code as summer Olympic sports, including swimming and track and field, tennis is by far the least curious. For a long time, tennis chose the absolute cheapest level of screening available in Wada-accredited labs. According to the latest Wada figures covering 2010-14, 80 per cent of samples analysed come from in-competition testing, widely derided by those serious about anti-doping.

Tennis players are tested at the levels of athletes in sports which rake in just that bit less cash and coverage. The likes of handball. And kayaking. Tennis samples result in a positive for any sort of banned substance at one third the rate of other summer Olympic sports – and only 40 per cent of the players these tests relate to are suspended.

I was going to respond to something another poster wrote in the previous thread, but since that thread seems to have disappeared into the ether . . . . :grin2:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
The biased moderation is an absolute joke here. It is like they don't care anymore how they are perceived.

Say it clearly in your rulesbook: "An X player is off-limits when it comes to discussing the issue of doping in Tennis" and we will respect you for being upfront and honest.

Just don't insult our intelligence.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The biased moderation is an absolute joke here. It is like they don't care anymore how they are perceived.

Say it clearly in your rulesbook: "An X player is off-limits when it comes to discussing the issue of doping" and we will respect you for being upfront and honest.

Just don't insult our intelligence.
Exactly. There were multiple players being discussed in here but once people started talking about their God, they couldn't handle it and deleted it. Lame.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I suppose we could talk about the substances instead of particular players, because discussing the latter is not productive.

There's a substance that WADA has not put on their list last month: Ecdysterone. Not sure what the status is right now, though.

I've been wondering, what would actually happen if the doping tests were well-funded and rigorous? What would happen to the quality of the higher level tours? Like, Top 100, Top 20, Top 10, and so on?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
mods power tripping again, nothing new

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I don't see why we aren't allowed to talk in code without bringing up names. Everybody who isn't naive knows what's going on now.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't see why we aren't allowed to talk in code without bringing up names. Everybody who isn't naive knows what's going on now.
I agree with you, but it just seems to be a fact of life.

When you go over to someone's house and want to discuss a topic but the host goes ballistic over it, you just have to find a different house to have the discussion at next time. :smile2:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Peds can do miracles when it comes to your physique, except for the mental part... infact your mental goes downhill. The guilt would eat you alive when you are about to serve for the match.
Nice catch master Yoda

·
External factor expert
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
21,220 Posts
So the thread got locked to clean it up and the end result was every single one of the 100 posts got deleted?

Just close the thread, there is no use discussing the subject with this level of censorship. If anyone knows how to set up a simple message board we can use specifically for this purpose, great, we can continue there with zero censorship.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
So the thread got locked to clean it up and the end result was every single one of the 100 posts got deleted?

Just close the thread, there is no use discussing the subject with this level of censorship. If anyone knows how to set up a simple message board we can use specifically for this purpose, great, we can continue there with zero censorship.
Maybe something like https://www.forumotion.com/ but I doubt you'd get much activity. Finding an existing one would be a better way IMO.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts