1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
F***ing have it
17,638 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
What a joke that is if he blames this defeat for his own failure to reach top 10. Who lost so pathetically to so many players other than Puerta since April? Yes it was you, Ivan!! Every player who defeated Ljubicic was doped, right? :p

:silly:

Reactions: mandoura

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neely said:
What a joke that is if he blames this defeat for his own failure to reach top 10. Who lost so pathetically to so many players other than Puerta since April? Yes it was you, Ivan!! Every player who defeated Ljubicic was doped, right? :p

:silly:
you not understand?
he means only on Puerta :rolleyes:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Oh my goodness :rolleyes: I used to quite like Ljubo - but all this whining is irritating me. He couldn´t beat ME on clay - let alone Puerta - doped or not. Grow up and stop whining Ivan. :devil:

Reactions: Puschkin

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Rosie said:
Oh my goodness :rolleyes: I used to quite like Ljubo - but all this whining is irritating me. He couldn´t beat ME on clay - let alone Puerta - doped or not. Grow up and stop whining Ivan. :devil:
:haha: :haha:
Even if Ljubo had beaten Puerta, he would've crashed out in the next round anyway.....

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
Rosie said:
Regardless I'd feel pretty pissed off and cheated too if I lost to someone who later failed a drugs test - especially if the loss came at a grand slam.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
RaVeR said:
you not understand?
he means only on Puerta :rolleyes:
I understand, but it's still very very incomprehensive for me how Ljubicic comes to think that an allegedly illegally taken substance taken by his opponent is causing him to lose a first round match in straight sets where he was without a real shot to win throughout the match.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Rosa Luxembourg said:
Did you see doubles match reults mentioned in this article? :haha: What kind of source of news is that?
Probably from a writer who doesn't know shit about tennis or at least looking up the correct results.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Neely said:
I understand, but it's still very very incomprehensive for me how Ljubicic comes to think that an allegedly illegally taken substance taken by his opponent is causing him to lose a first round match in straight sets where he was without a real shot to win throughout the match.
Yes, especially considering two things. 1: the alleged doping test was taken much later in the tournament and the allegedly positive substance is one that doesn't stay in the body too long, so even IF Puerta did something AFTER the 4th round, that does not mean he was doing anything BEFORE then. 2: NOTHING HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED as far as Puerta goes.

Seems awfully presumptuous of Ljubicic to be accusing and whining and bitching before an official announcement. It's different for fans and the media to do it, but it seems just as likely that Ljubicic himself could find himself in a mixed-up situation at one point and you'd think he'd want his fellow players to be fair and to say "hey, let's wait for the official announcement" before they went and spoke to the media and judged. If the tables were turned, I'd be willing to bet that's what he'd appreciate from his colleagues.

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
Debstah said:
Yes, especially considering two things. 1: the alleged doping test was taken much later in the tournament and the allegedly positive substance is one that doesn't stay in the body too long, so even IF Puerta did something AFTER the 4th round, that does not mean he was doing anything BEFORE then. 2: NOTHING HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED as far as Puerta goes.

Seems awfully presumptuous of Ljubicic to be accusing and whining and bitching before an official announcement. It's different for fans and the media to do it, but it seems just as likely that Ljubicic himself could find himself in a mixed-up situation at one point and you'd think he'd want his fellow players to be fair and to say "hey, let's wait for the official announcement" before they went and spoke to the media and judged. If the tables were turned, I'd be willing to bet that's what he'd appreciate from his colleagues.
"With a good result at Roland Garros I would have been in the PTA top 10. If Puerta's doping is positive, I'll think about suing the ITF. All tennis players feel ripped off. I was shocked by this news -- they've done it twice to me in Paris," said Ljubicic, who lost in the first round of Roland Garros to Puerta.

He does say IF and that's only the tiny snippet of a quote we have from him here. We don't know what else he said so you're basically judging him on the angle the writer wanted to put on this article.

·
Premium Member
18,295 Posts
"If five of their top players are caught, you start to wonder. Coria said they are hunting the Argentineans, but this is not true," said Bjorkman, who has to play against Argentina in the first leg of the Davis Cup.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
i wonder what the reaction would of been if somone like Federer said this, people here would of been saying, wow takes alot of courage to say that.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
i wonder what the reaction would of been if somone like Federer said this, people here would of been saying, wow takes alot of courage to say that.
Nah, mine would JesusFed speaks to us the minions.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
gravity said:
Regardless I'd feel pretty pissed off and cheated too if I lost to someone who later failed a drugs test - especially if the loss came at a grand slam.
The only person who might feel aggrieved, if it turns out that Puerta did fail a drugs test after the sf for no transparent reason, is Davydenko.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
gravity said:
"With a good result at Roland Garros I would have been in the PTA top 10. If Puerta's doping is positive, I'll think about suing the ITF. All tennis players feel ripped off. I was shocked by this news -- they've done it twice to me in Paris," said Ljubicic, who lost in the first round of Roland Garros to Puerta.

He does say IF and that's only the tiny snippet of a quote we have from him here. We don't know what else he said so you're basically judging him on the angle the writer wanted to put on this article.
I'm not judging him, he has a long history of whining and bitching and being a sore loser. My point still stands that I believe the players should be supporting each other in this ridiculous process that contains media leaks, etc. etc. If it so should come out that it is DEFINITELY puerta, then anyone should say whatever they want, but it just seems only fair to each other that the players mostly just sort of shut up and say equivocal and diplomatic things until the announcement is made, because the situation could easily be reversed next time something like this happens. That's my opinion, you need not agree :)

1 - 20 of 125 Posts