Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never understood this need for gloating....

Can't you guys just enjoy Fed's win (like I do) without calling Novak all sorts of names? Isn't it enough to beat someone, why do you need to humiliate them as well? I always thought victory should speak for itself, and that the winner should be generous, not a prick. And we fans here aren't even winners ourselves (sic), we just happen to root for the guy who won. So this is tasteless. I wanted to discuss the match itself in that thread, not read an insult after insult. Okay, you disapprove what he did - got that. Point noted. Can we move on to the match itself now? :rolleyes:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

Can't you guys just enjoy Fed's win (like I do) without calling Novak all sorts of names? Isn't it enough to beat someone, why do you need to humiliate them as well? I always thought victory should speak for itself, and that the winner should be generous, not a prick. And we fans here aren't even winners ourselves (sic), we just happen to root for the guy who won. So this is tasteless. I wanted to discuss the match itself in that thread, not read an insult after insult. Okay, you disapprove what he did - got that. Point noted. Can we move on to the match itself now? :rolleyes:
Have you been oblivous to the amount of gloating from the Djokovic fans, well the good ones don't post on GM often? It's like many weren't around before 2007 and then all of a sudden there is a massive influx of instant experts.

Facts are, personally I don't have a major beef with Djokovic. I can see why a lot of people on here are happy about this, nobody likes sore winners.

Fed is going down, he is finished, bitching about his bashing thread ( should be honoured, only the best get them), see the point here.

If they are going to dish out the crap, then they have take it back.

Reactions: scoobs

·
Registered
7,934 Posts

He retired over a fever. Did Roger retire over his much more severe mono during Oz? Nole deserves it for being a poor sport and since this isn't the first time he has done it, he shouldn't be given the benefit of doubt.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
After his pathetic charade today he deserves all the bashing he gets.

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
I don't care about novak's fans, roger's fans, or any fans.

I was cheering for Novak when he won AO, but what Novak did left a very bad taste in my mouth. If he had lost 6-0 in the second and taken it like a man, I would still respect him.

But what he did was a bitch move, and he deserves nothing but criticism for it.

What happened to the tough guys in tennis? What happened to fighting and sticking it out. If anything, out of respect for Roger, keep playing.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you been oblivous to the amount of gloating from the Djokovic fans, well the good ones don't post on GM often? It's like many weren't around before 2007 and then all of a sudden there is a massive influx of instant experts.
I haven't, and yes it bothered the hell out of me. But how to fight it, by returning in the same manner? That way it just goes on in circles, next time Djoker wins something big they will become twice as poisonous, having read all this.

Of course, hostilities can't ever really end, but I can only try to take at least a little bit of steam from it.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Fed is going down, he is finished, bitching about his bashing thread ( should be honoured, only the best get them), see the point here.

If they are going to dish out the crap, then they have take it back.
You expressed it perfectly. Nothing to add here.

·
124,507 Posts
I haven't, and yes it bothered the hell out of me. But how to fight it, by returning in the same manner? That way it just goes on in circles, next time Djoker wins something big they will become twice as poisonous, having read all this.

Of course, hostilities can't ever really end, but I can only try to take at least a little bit of steam from it.
This is the reason for the problems, as anyone with half a brain knows is this. It only takes a few to give the others a bad name, but it's happened now.

If he lost and played out the match, guaranteed there wouldn't be as much love going around.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
He retired over a fever. Did Roger retire over his much more severe mono during Oz? Nole deserves it for being a poor sport and since this isn't the first time he has done it, he shouldn't be given the benefit of doubt.
He didn't have a fever. It was a sore throat. The doctor told him nothing was wrong with him.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
But just a reminder - not all Novak's fans are gloaters, or stir sh*t on MTF! Most of us hide away because there's too much sh*t against him and us here in GM.

This place has turned totally evil lately, - I sure won't be back on here for a long, long while. Not that I come here much anyway :shrug: And I'm sure many here will be so happy for that :rolleyes:

Apemant - thanks, and good luck to Roger tomorrow.

·
124,507 Posts
I specifically stated that not all Djokovic fans were gloating and rubbing people up the wrong way. I clearly stated it only takes a few to give the others a bad name, but there is an element there and hence with a retirement like this, just fuels the flames.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts