Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrtas Don! :worship:
He beat Alex Kuznetsov 7-5, 6-4 in the quarters, he beat Prakash Amritraj 7-5, 6-1 in the semis, and he won the title by beating Bobby Reynolds 7-5, 6-0. :yeah:
This guy is still 17, watch out.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Bagel :haha:

DY to beat lee in Indy. :)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Interesting scoreline similarity there, every time a convincing second set after a tight 7-5 first set. This is a good sign though, Aptos must be quite a decent challenger event - Murray won it back in 2005 before successfully qualifying for the US Open.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you guys know, i'm basing this info that he won from Biggieman. So if he is wrong about the score, so am I.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Lee will Hyung The Don out to dry :p Lame I know :lol:

The Don Congrats :hatoff:

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts
Great win for the Don :rocker2:

He will shoot up to about 215 in the rankings now :)

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Congrtas Don! :worship:
He beat Alex Kuznetsov 7-5, 6-4 in the quarters, he beat Prakash Amritraj 7-5, 6-1 in the semis, and he won the title by beating Bobby Reynolds 7-5, 6-0. :yeah:
This guy is still 17, watch out.
no hes not, he is 18 and big deal, he won a challenger - wow.

not much for the future legend of the game.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no hes not, he is 18 and big deal, he won a challenger - wow.

not much for the future legend of the game.
Okay, yeah you are right I think, he just turned 18.
But besides that, shut up. :)

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
18 years old and 0 wins at ATP level?

Hewitt and Nadal were almost winning Grand Slams by then...

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Yeah, if you're not competing for Grand Slams by 18, you might as well call it quits. Good point.
No to be a regular player. Yes to be the best American player the world has ever seen, as he was hyped a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Hewitt didnt win until he was 20, same with Safin.

Nadal won at 19, dispite playing through most of RG was a 18 year old.

Anyway, The Dont will take wins where he gets them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
No to be a regular player. Yes to be the best American player the world has ever seen, as he was hyped a couple of years ago.
I can't argue with that. The chances of him becoming the best American ever are just about nil. If people are going to hold him to that standard, nothing he does will be considered a success.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
I can't argue with that. The chances of him becoming the best American ever are just about nil. If people are going to hold him to that standard, nothing he does will be considered a success.
But that's IMG's and his parent's fault. They made him cocky and he thought he had nothing else to learn when he had everything to learn. The last time I watched him play was against Djokovic in the US Open and that was catastrophic. He has no consistence, even comparing to the other juniors. Pedro Sousa, who is far from being one of the biggest tennis talents in Portugal but he is a hard worker, was able to beat him at Roland Garros last season because of that.

USA's top player in the next few years will be probably Querrey and I don't think he is that special neither.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Congrats Donald on winning your first challenger without dropping a set and building on your success at Wimbledon Juniors. Keep on raising that ranking and rest up and get some wins in Indy. :yeah:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts