Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His qauickest ATP Pro tour victory ever.

If Monfils wins today it'll be a hell of a semifinal

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Clinical performance by the Don.

Surely not Soeda's best match but still another SF is a great result for Young.

Keep it up buddy. :yeah:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Young in semis of ATP event :superlol:

Epic stuff.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
His qauickest ATP Pro tour victory ever.

If Monfils wins today it'll be a hell of a semifinal
It was not that qauicky. :confused:

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Disgusting. I can't believe I'm going to have to root for Monfils to save tennis.

·
Banned
8,385 Posts
What Donald Young has done to make 50% of MTF people dislike him? :lol:

There is mysteries in this world and this is small one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Disgusting. I can't believe I'm going to have to root for Monfils to save tennis.
Realistically Monfils will prob beat Young. However yuor constant wishing for the only American that can prevent a void post Roddick-Fish is disgusting

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Realistically Monfils will prob beat Young. However yuor constant wishing for the only American that can prevent a void post Roddick-Fish is disgusting
If he's our only hope I'm renouncing my nationality. I'm hoping Jack Sock turns out to be less of an ungrateful, obnoxious douche like Young. Harrison seems to have chosen the douche path.

Reactions: wildemu

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
What Donald Young has done to make 50% of MTF people dislike him? :lol:

There is mysteries in this world and this is small one.
it's pretty ridiculous, isn't it?
Even when he's beating people he should be beating.

Don will probably spend very little time inside the top 40 -- will probably hang around between 40-80 unless he undergoes some kind of transformation. But some people act like it's an outrage if he's ranked better than 250th. Others see him win a match and start to talk about top 10 status. No middle ground. :shrug:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
"Donad Young" Who is that? What tournament is this? Which round are they in?

See, people. This thread hightlights is why I make the threads. And why you should want me to make all of them.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Well, other than his general attitude, there is this

"No, things seem better -- but hardly perfect -- between Young and the organization he warred with four months ago after he publicized his displeasure that the USTA didn't do more to get him a wild card at the French Open. Young tweeted then, "The USTA has screwed me for the last time."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/tennis/young_rift_with_usta_lingering_q6dh19bCiOQq8O2mcSIlnM#ixzz1ZPvGNz5O

Damn the USTA, holding a tournament for the WC, which Donald crashed out of fair and square, thereby screwing him for the last time.

Especially given his lack of success, his sense of entitlement is off-putting.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Anyway, Soeda totally, so is this result a surprise? No. Soeda doesn't beat good players when they play well, he gets destroyed. Just an awful overall player.

Don took advantage of the weak draw he got and is into the SF. Very happy for him, he played great today.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Well, other than his general attitude, there is this

"No, things seem better -- but hardly perfect -- between Young and the organization he warred with four months ago after he publicized his displeasure that the USTA didn't do more to get him a wild card at the French Open. Young tweeted then, "The USTA has screwed me for the last time."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/tennis/young_rift_with_usta_lingering_q6dh19bCiOQq8O2mcSIlnM#ixzz1ZPvGNz5O

Damn the USTA, holding a tournament for the WC, which Donald crashed out of fair and square, thereby screwing him for the last time.

Especially given his lack of success, his sense of entitlement is off-putting.
Yeah, I recall that incident well. You have to remember though, this is a kid who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter and has probably been led to believe his own hype. Not his fault.

He'll get a reality check one day if he hasn't already, and I'm sure all of the losses must have helped too.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Yeah, I recall that incident well. You have to remember though, this is a kid who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter and has probably been led to believe his own hype. Not his fault.

He'll get a reality check one day if he hasn't already, and I'm sure all of the losses must have helped too.
Correct if I'm wrong, but didn't that incident happen when Young was 20 or 21? He's been on the pro tour for years, he's not some teenager thrust upon the world stage. If the reality check hasn't come by now, I doubt it will ever come.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts