1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This is not a good look Bresnik unless he holds some kind of smoking gun such as PED use or something unsavory, which is unlikely. Hopefully Thiem the creation is clean and he has not wronged the mad scientist.

Massu has been superb for Thiem, the progress and improvement has been consistent and very impressive. Even more so than what Lendl did with Murray.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It has been obvious for a while that Bresnik is a real a**hole. Does he want some fraction of Dominic's prize money, or what? After all, he has claimed before that his former disciple would have been a club-level player without his own efforts.

Hopefully, this won't prevent Dominic from preparing properly for RG...

·
Registered
751 Posts
LOL, seriously? This is pathetic

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
We don't really know what's the essence of this lawsuit. Bresnik is a total prick, but that doesn't mean he can't have a legitimate claim. When money is involved (lots of money in this case) there's always more than meets the eye.
Not that I care much who's right and who's wrong here. That's just another life lesson. If relationships go south, it's much better to break it off early, while the parties are still on relatively good terms, rather than drag it on and let come to this.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
It was certainly the right move to split up with Bresnik tennis-wise, but I'm not sure he is the (only) bad guy here. Thiem's dad is no saint either, that is for sure.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
How sad is this? Bresnik again showing his true colours. Thiem by far better player without him!

·
Registered
968 Posts
This comment by Thiem's father, quoted in that article, speaks volumes: "He taught him certain things, no question about it. From my point of view, very, very little progress has been made in the last four or five years."

I don't disagree with him, it has taken a lot longer for Thiem to arrive where he is at now than it should have, especially in terms of his mental performances in finals (Indian Wells 2019 is a notable exception). But the way his father puts it is probably harsher than he would have before the split and the ensuing turmoil.

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
In fairness Thiem is no saint himself either so there could be something claimable for Bresnik. Can’t say much for now until we know details

·
Registered
683 Posts
We don't really know what's the essence of this lawsuit. Bresnik is a total prick, but that doesn't mean he can't have a legitimate claim. When money is involved (lots of money in this case) there's always more than meets the eye.
Not that I care much who's right and who's wrong here. That's just another life lesson. If relationships go south, it's much better to break it off early, while the parties are still on relatively good terms, rather than drag it on and let come to this.
The problem is how to break it off with someone who coached you from childhood and was very close to your father. How do you sort out the money - because wherever there’s money human nature can turn nasty. The whole player/coach/manager situation is fraught and potentially acrimonious, but when the coach has been around for decades then it’s even more problematic.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts