Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would make a thread for the grass season. he'll play Queens, maybe eastbourne and wimbledon.

things didnt start off well on grass. he got well and truly schooled by david goffin in his first round in queens. lost 6-4, 6-2 and earned not even 1 break point

hopefully he'll play eastbourne

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I didn't get to see the match but yeah that is worrying. What are his biggest issues? His backhand has a long backswing which hurts on those fast balls, and his touch might be a little lacking. Probably needs to work on grass footwork and his serve too.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
his serve was an issue. his forehand is completely inefectual on grass. really i cant say there was to much good about today..or anything

grass season this year will be purely a learning experience and if he manages a win or 2 great

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Tomorrow Dom will play the Boodles Exhibition. His opponent is Kevin Anderson (RSA).

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Dom on Facebook:

Code:
4:6, 6:7 against Kevin Anderson at The Boodles. It was only an exo. But it was a mega important test. And I am happy how it went. I loved playing on grass from the first day, but now I finally start improving. Everything was five levels better than it was at the Queen's Club. How I moved, serve, return, everything. I'm still a rookie on grass, but I played better. And there are still a few days time to learn for Wimbledon

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im upset about the loss but it sounds like he's gotten more comfortable on the grass. id be curious to see if he could win a match at wimbledon. hopefully he'll get a draw that allows it

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he lost again. this time to sock

at least he got a set this time

still though its his 4th loss in a row so i hope he can start winning again soon. i still believe he's got an outside shot of a seed at the US open.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Dominic plays against Luke Saville (AUS), Number 237 of the world.

Good first round draw :yeah:
If he wins Dimitrov is next :help:

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
It would be good if Thiem wins against Saville. Dimitrov will be a tough opponent but what Thiem needed in this grass season is to make a first contact with grass and learn how to play on it.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
down 2-0 in sets, its hard to see a way back

whatever. this grass season is soon to be over. hopefully he'll get back to his winning ways on the tournaments to come.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
3rd set Dominic 6-3

He plays much better now. His position when hitting the ball is horrible though :help: But for sure it's the low bounce. Dominic hates this.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
1st service game 0-30
2nd service game 15-40

2-2 though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts