Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this to be true for many reasons;

1. Many assume the issue of domestic violence affects more female victims than male victims. Even if this were true, that would hardly make it right. Just for reference, 3 times as many men commit suicide as women (in some countries as high as 4-1), yet we do not talk about suicide as if it's a male only issue. 90% of the homeless population are male, yet we don't talk about homelessness as if it is only a male issue. Most workplace deaths happen to men, yet we don't talk about workplace safety from a male perspective. More men suffer heart attacks than women, we talk about heart attacks from a gender neutral perspective.

2. If the shoe was on the other foot, the feminists would be outraged.

3. Most domestic violence is un reported, so we can't know if there are more female victims. A male victim would probably be less likely to report it, for fear of embarassment, or for fear he himself will be arrested, as i've read many times the males call the police they end up getting arrested.

4. People wrongly assume that it couldn't happen to a male. It may be harder for a man in that position to leave, especially if there are kids. The female would probably threaten to take the kids away if he leaves. Regardless, if he leaves he only gets to be a dad 4 days a month rather than every day, thats massive leverage to the female.

5. Abuse is also emotional. Things like stalking, spying, reading facebook messages/txts, keeping your partner housebound, not letting them see or talk to friends, females can do that just as easily as males. From listening to people who have been abused, they say this type of abuse was just as bad and often worse than the physical.

6. Men are told they can never hit a woman, so may feel they can't fight back. Women would use this to their advantage.

7. Women might threaten to turn the tables on them and claim they were the abuser if they leave. Or the one time the guy fights back run straight to everyone and say hes been the abuser, odds are people would believe her.

8. Domestic violence may well be recipricol the majority of the time, violence breeds violence, it makes sense. Most victims might not be passive victims afterall.

9. Domestic violence can take on many forms, male on female, female on male, sibling on sibling, mother on child, father on child, child on parent. Or maybe in some crazy households a combination of many or all of the above. It is dis respectful to those victims to talk about domestic violence as if it's primarily just male on female and everything else is a minority like so many do in the awareness campaigns.

10. All women I have talked to who had been abused in the past are the first to acknowledge that men are just as likely to be abused. It seems to be mainly males who I encounter who deny this. Perhaps they view it as a threat to their manlyhood to admit it could happen to them?

11. Whilst true that most men are stronger and bigger than most women, women could account for that imbalance through the use of weapons, or attacking the man off guard.

12. As alluded to earlier, may actually be harder for the male to leave, especially if he fears people won't believe him, or if they have kids and she threatens to make sure he never sees them again, or to poison their minds against him. Regardless, 9 times out of 10 she's getting custody, and hes relegated to 4 days a month, and no doubt she would make his visitation as difficult as possible. This is huge incentive for him to withstand the abuse and stay for the sake of his relationship with his kids.

13. Whilst she may be physically weaker, she could still threaten to kill him with a weapon or poison him if he ever left.

I feel very strongly about this, yet whenever I talk about this no one really seems interested and continues to take no issue with the way the issue of domestic violence is commonly reported on in awareness campaigns mainly as men hitting women. I think we need to make efforts to change this, as it seems completely unacceptable to all rational logic and thought.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,921 Posts
Man this strikes quite a chord as I was just watching "60 minutes" and they had a segment about some men who brutally murdered their wives in cold blood and argued 'provocation' - i.e. the wife was in the wrong (even when the wife was fearful of her safety and wanted to leave), and the law basically enables murderers to shift blame to their wives and escape with a more lenient sentence of manslaughter. Some states in Australia have done away with the law but it's hard to swallow that men committing vicious crimes could get away with it with an excuse.

I do agree domestic violence goes both ways. I've heard of a woman hiring a man to kill her husband by stabbing him in the street to try and get hold of his assets (she was already spoiled as it was). He was lucky to survive but the family had to try hard not to tell him immediately about his wife's involvement (she made quite a sob story before then disclosing the truth to police). Not all cases end in murder or attempted murder but its terrible and I agree men and women are both vulnerable to it, but there's a reason why a majority of reported cases are women. In fact I think it's harder for men to speak out for fear of humiliation.

·
Your visions will happen
51,343 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Most of the things you wrote are because of the anti male agenda going on for many years, all the social engineering and gender mainstreaming satanic shit, to not only destroy men but also healthy family life as we know it.

And about neutral perspective, after the feminism went out to spread the disease into the world, we should not only apply neutrality to this topic but everywhere, hey that's how they tell us they want it do they?

Let's do female quota for canal workers, how about that? Not just sitting in the clean and cool office, cherry picking c*n*s. ;)
Or male quota for social men jobs, kindergarden anyone?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Straight men need their own version of feminism, and no not those Men's Rights Activists nutjobs, who are basically the feminazis of men, but probably worse.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I can't shake this thought that most husbands that are beaten by their wives probably deserve it. :)
Same goes for the nagging slags :lol:

·
Registered
592 Posts
"You want me to take you out for a meal? No need, I'll rustle up something for you at home. Here, have a knuckle sandwich. Bam! You want some desert? Here, have a kick in the c*nt. Bam! Now shut the fuck up, I've got important MTM threads to post in."

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Excellently stated.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't shake this thought that most husbands that are beaten by their wives probably deserve it. :)
Even if that were so, doesn't make it right. Thousands of people deserve a punch in the face, doesn't mean I can do it

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I believe this to be true for many reasons;

1. Many assume the issue of domestic violence affects more female victims than male victims. Even if this were true, that would hardly make it right. Just for reference, 3 times as many men commit suicide as women (in some countries as high as 4-1), yet we do not talk about suicide as if it's a male only issue. 90% of the homeless population are male, yet we don't talk about homelessness as if it is only a male issue. Most workplace deaths happen to men, yet we don't talk about workplace safety from a male perspective. More men suffer heart attacks than women, we talk about heart attacks from a gender neutral perspective.

2. If the shoe was on the other foot, the feminists would be outraged.

3. Most domestic violence is un reported, so we can't know if there are more female victims. A male victim would probably be less likely to report it, for fear of embarassment, or for fear he himself will be arrested, as i've read many times the males call the police they end up getting arrested.

4. People wrongly assume that it couldn't happen to a male. It may be harder for a man in that position to leave, especially if there are kids. The female would probably threaten to take the kids away if he leaves. Regardless, if he leaves he only gets to be a dad 4 days a month rather than every day, thats massive leverage to the female.

5. Abuse is also emotional. Things like stalking, spying, reading facebook messages/txts, keeping your partner housebound, not letting them see or talk to friends, females can do that just as easily as males. From listening to people who have been abused, they say this type of abuse was just as bad and often worse than the physical.

6. Men are told they can never hit a woman, so may feel they can't fight back. Women would use this to their advantage.

7. Women might threaten to turn the tables on them and claim they were the abuser if they leave. Or the one time the guy fights back run straight to everyone and say hes been the abuser, odds are people would believe her.

8. Domestic violence may well be recipricol the majority of the time, violence breeds violence, it makes sense. Most victims might not be passive victims afterall.

9. Domestic violence can take on many forms, male on female, female on male, sibling on sibling, mother on child, father on child, child on parent. Or maybe in some crazy households a combination of many or all of the above. It is dis respectful to those victims to talk about domestic violence as if it's primarily just male on female and everything else is a minority like so many do in the awareness campaigns.

10. All women I have talked to who had been abused in the past are the first to acknowledge that men are just as likely to be abused. It seems to be mainly males who I encounter who deny this. Perhaps they view it as a threat to their manlyhood to admit it could happen to them?

11. Whilst true that most men are stronger and bigger than most women, women could account for that imbalance through the use of weapons, or attacking the man off guard.

12. As alluded to earlier, may actually be harder for the male to leave, especially if he fears people won't believe him, or if they have kids and she threatens to make sure he never sees them again, or to poison their minds against him. Regardless, 9 times out of 10 she's getting custody, and hes relegated to 4 days a month, and no doubt she would make his visitation as difficult as possible. This is huge incentive for him to withstand the abuse and stay for the sake of his relationship with his kids.

13. Whilst she may be physically weaker, she could still threaten to kill him with a weapon or poison him if he ever left.

I feel very strongly about this, yet whenever I talk about this no one really seems interested and continues to take no issue with the way the issue of domestic violence is commonly reported on in awareness campaigns mainly as men hitting women. I think we need to make efforts to change this, as it seems completely unacceptable to all rational logic and thought.
And this, children, is why you should only ever enter into a relationship with someone you trust completely.
I had known and been close friends with my girlfriend since kindergarten before we got together; I knew her family well and her extremely well.

You have to be so, so careful not to get involved with someone who turns out to be a bad egg.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And this, children, is why you should only ever enter into a relationship with someone you trust completely.
I had known and been close friends with my girlfriend since kindergarten before we got together; I knew her family well and her extremely well.

You have to be so, so careful not to get involved with someone who turns out to be a bad egg.
Yup..makes sense..then cue the god damn friend zone :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts