Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

Registered
HOMOPHOBE of the century. Good riddance! Go back to Eastern Europe and spread your views to people who actually might give a damn about what you 馃 think.

Registered
I liked one of Dolgopolov's interviews and what he said about Rafa. He was the subject of match-fixing allegations in 2017 and he denied that he was ever involved in match-fixing. I liked his attitude and how he handled the press in that interview. One of the highlights of his career, in addition to his two wins against Rafa. I totally believe him.

Registered
I was a fan of his. Many comments on this thread about his homophobia--which are probably true--I just loved his tennis, the man is another thing.
He was frustrating to get behind because it seemed he had the makings of a top player but couldn't put it together--the style was too "inspired" erratic, but also there was that disease he had--Gilbert's Syndrome (?) and i felt sorry for him for that.
He was thrilling to watch when on.

I think Bublik has a little Dolgop in him. The personality anyway. And the unpredictable tennis.

Administrator | Chaos Theory
I first watched the guy play at the AO when he had a big upset win over Soderling. He was unorthodox and had a fairly nonchalant way about him, yet flair at the same time. That has its own issues as a player in terms of maintaining stability, but he was certainly interesting to watch.

Registered
I was a fan of his. Many comments on this thread about his homophobia--which are probably true--I just loved his tennis, the man is another thing.
I feel the same. Some people can separate the persona from the player and some can't. I'm in the latter group.

We all understand that there are many people who are bigots of one form or another. What I don't understand is why a public figure would broadcast his bigotry to the world. He certainly has nothing to gain by doing so.

Registered
Expected. Too bad he couldn't end his career on his own terms. He expressed several times his desire to come back.
Can't say I'm gonna miss the person though.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts