Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
528 Posts
Always figured Jon Wertheim was a total hack but this pretty much confirms it. They were just now talking about Dog's retirement on TC+ & Jon actually just said he's already on to his next career coaching Jack Sock in Charlotte. He clearly wasn't joking & Weissman and Annacone were too embarrassed to correct him that it's actually Bogomolov not Dolgopolov.🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
amazing drop shotting skill, saw him live once at Nottingham, best of luck to him!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Really enjoyed watching his unorthodox play, all the best to him with his post-tennis life :)

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Always figured Jon Wertheim was a total hack but this pretty much confirms it. They were just now talking about Dog's retirement on TC+ & Jon actually just said he's already on to his next career coaching Jack Sock in Charlotte. He clearly wasn't joking & Weissman and Annacone were too embarrassed to correct him that it's actually Bogomolov not Dolgopolov.🤦‍♂️
Oh gosh... that's so embarrassing. :oops:

·
MONSOON season.
82,483 Posts
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh no looks like the preaching hypocrites are crawling out of their caves.
So essentially you are saying some people on here are homophobic as well.

You should name these people, if you can't you should be banned for that kind of pathetic and dad accusation- but I guess that's just the kind of person you are.

You're making yourself sound stupid for no reason😂

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Impressive shot maker at times. Good luck in whatever the Doggie Dog does post tennis.

But he had talent in tennis 😉👍
His dad was a tennis player and coach, and made him to play tennis since he started walking.

Don't we have enough similar stories with the likes of Rafa, Murray, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Shapovalov where someone close to them in their family was responsible to unearth the talent since the young age?

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Werthlessheim faux pas NID.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I also remember watching Dolgo play Federer at Wimbledon like 3 or 4 years ago and McEnroe was on commentary, and he kept referring to THE DOG as "this is some guy nobody has ever heard of."

I was getting pissed.

Great tennis player, shit commentator.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Entertaining player. I'll miss that quick draw serve and amazing dropshots. Enjoy retirement Dolgo.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I thought he retired ages ago. Interesting that he finally cut his hair. Anyway, can't say I will miss him. Unique playing style, but way too much of a clown.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I thought he retired ages ago. Interesting that he finally cut his hair. Anyway, can't say I will miss him. Unique playing style, but way too much of a clown.
Newflash, almost all successful individual sport athletes are clowns, some border on the deranged. Their social growth is stunted from day one.

The most normal ones, the ones that aren't professional machines from age 8, are, guess what, the ones you guys hate the most. The Americans (and Bublik). 😎 (y) 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Agreed. At times I thought he was emulating Monfils, playing more to thrill the crowd than to win.
Hm... not quite. Dolgo sometimes showed off but he usually gave his all to win the match. Monfils on the other hand sometimes gives the impression he doesn't give a shit about the match result at all.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hm... not quite. Dolgo sometimes showed off but he usually gave his all to win the match. Monfils on the other hand sometimes gives the impression he doesn't give a shit about the match result at all.
OK. You might say he was somewhere between Nadal and Monfils. Half showman and half fierce competitor.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Oh Dolgo, I was wondering where he was these days...

Will be remembered for his funky tennis.
But also for his partying efforts in Umag 🥳🤡 He was wasted after partying till morning and then he lost 3-6 1-6 to Bedene, playing one of the worst professional matches in history of ATP.
He was like a zombie, couldn't do anything properly 🤪 🥴 He was dropshotting a lot on the end, I guess he didn0t have energy for rallies

Good luck but I really don't know if he would be a good coach because his unique weird strokes would need some coaching as well, lol.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts