Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
22,587 Posts
At least his final match was against Djokovic...

Sadly he was only 29 back then, could have given us many years more since his style wasn't particularly hard on the body, this was a freak injury. Although as mentioned in the article, he didn't exactly treat his body like a temple.

One of those guys you will remember for the rest of your life, because nobody played tennis like him and nobody will.

At the moment, I think I will pursue a business career.
And let's hope his business sense is better than his sense in fashion, cars and hairstyles :p

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Weird tech but i liked it,had a great touch.

F

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
A true and rare innovator, nobody ever played like this Marcelo Rios inspired marvel of the court. He could threaten and mind boggle even the best players of all time, as he did each with Fed, Rafa and Djokovic at US Open. Wonderful beautiful player. Biofile with Alexander Dolgopolov · Tennis-Prose.com

·
Registered
169 Posts
Meh... a hot and cold player.

·
Registered
22,286 Posts
A very eccentric player, when I watched him it always felt that he was going for too much in his shots, but entertaining nonetheless.
His retirement is the biggest loss together with Söderling in last 6 years, as both happened at or before the age of 32, both didn't play for their last 3-4 years and both could have had still another 5-6 years of good tennis left in them...
Mononucleosis and Gilbert's syndrome are the worst type of insidious, but lingering illnesses.

I wish Dolgo much success in his post-tennis life, totally understand that he wishes to be away from tennis as much as possible now.

Reactions: wildemu

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Entertaining and frustrating, two for the price of one.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I remember him especially for losing to Djokovic in Monte Carlo 2012 when Djokovic recieved the information that his grandfather passed away right before the match. Open Era No. 1 came out and went out with tears but still managed to beat Dolgopolov.

Reactions: SuperG
1 - 20 of 72 Posts