Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
When you're not at your best, all of your opponents look like playing the tennis of their life.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
RBA deserved to win. Was the better player the last set and a half.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Tennis was saved, great win for Roberto!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
RBA was peaking like no tomorrow in the third set, can't even hate on him. fully deserved victory with one of the best displays he pulled off all time, and overall quality was borderline insane by both. wd, now get the title. :yeah:

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
Match changed from the second RBA broke back in the 2nd, Djokovic looked like routining RBA before it. Credits to the Spaniard for his fighting spirit, about 95% of the tour wouldn't have pulled off that

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Djokovic was up a break in the second, *4-3 and of course two points away in the TB

:eek:
And RBA had more than one set point at the 6-5* game in the second set, so who cares.

The better player in the second and third set won, not rocket science. RBA was hitting his forehand extremely clean, some of those cross court rockets reminded me a bit of Delpo, although not quite as hard.

Djokovic was vulnerable. Missing far too many normal rally balls. Affected by the wind. Guy better get his head on straight for AO.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Obviously not happy with a loss, but positive is that it's on lower tier tournament, and it exposed some flaws that gotta be fixed. Happy Djoko provided some joy for guitarra and the rest, man is gracious in defeat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I was quite demoralised after Shanghai last year, thinking that dark days of Djokovic’s unbeaten dominance are back. But Paris, WTF & now Doha give me hope that it won’t be the case. Hallelujah!!!

What a match from RBA! I’m not his fan but I love his flat forehand. Djokovic didn’t stand a chance today.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Novak physically tested his limits this week in Doha and he overestimated himself. Thought he can play 3 plus hours per day but he couldn't ... and RBA was ready.
Obviously Novak wasn't pleased at the end and I hope he learned his lesson.

At the end, I think losing Doha is excellent for his Ao chances. Gets grounded and more humble (more careful) for AO and also historically ...
o Lost in 2015 unexpectedly similar circumstances to Karlovic and won AO without much resistance (except from Stan in SF)
o Won in 2016 and won AO (his form was superb)
o Won in 2017 and bumped out early from Istomin
o 2019 - loss in SF is blessing

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I was quite demoralised after Shanghai last year, thinking that dark days of Djokovic’s unbeaten dominance are back. But Paris, WTF & now Doha give me hope that it won’t be the case. Hallelujah!!!
The guy is turning 32 this year. The days of unbeaten dominance are gone

What a match from RBA! I’m not his fan but I love his flat forehand. Djokovic didn’t stand a chance today.
Really close 3-setter = "didn't stand a chance" :cuckoo:

RBA also won 102 points to Djokovic's 100

1 - 20 of 128 Posts