Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's a good won for moutet. He has started the year well . 2 qualifying wins here and 2 wins in the main draw, all in straight sets. I really like his game, its fun to watch. he is a hot head but he has been doing a better job in the last year or so of reigning it in. hopefully this is the year he establishes himself on tour

the score in both tiebreakers was 7-4

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If the match was anything like the last three games that I saw then this was all about Raonic, not Moutet.

Served for it at 6-5 in the second set and got broken to love despite being unbroken all match then went ahead 3-0 in the tie break end lost seven of the next eight points.

Could be another frustrating year for him.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
If the match was anything like the last three games that I saw then this was all about Raonic, not Moutet.

Served for it at 6-5 in the second set and got broken to love despite being ahead all match then went ahead 3-0 in the tie break end lost seven of the next eight points.

Could be another frustrating year for him.
OK, so it sounds like Raonic bottled it a bit. I didn't see the match so was wondering how Milos looked overall - I know the result is not good, but how was his movement, hitting off the ground, net game, tactics, etc.? What are your thoughts/ observations?

OP as well, or anyone else who saw the match...

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
OK, so it sounds like Raonic bottled it a bit. I didn't see the match so was wondering how Milos looked overall - I know the result is not good, but how was his movement, hitting off the ground, net game, tactics, etc.? What are your thoughts/ observations?

OP as well, or anyone else who saw the match...
I'm afraid I didn't see anywhere near enough to pass judgement. Sorry.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raonic did bottle the end a bit but i feel like moutet played a good, smart match overall. he dominated rallies and could have won easier if not for raonic's serve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts