Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well, apart from Damir self destroying, Nole did well with his part of the job. FH was crisp, I am especially glad to see FH DTL being hit so hard, and precise, because that's an improvement over high net clearance, significantly slower, topspin FH DTL he often used. A sign of something he worked on, and a sign of confidence. Great start of thr year, hope for more to come.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I was getting ready to watch the match after grocery shopping and then it was over.

Less than an hour match time? First set was 23 minutes.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Damir attempted to mix a lot and to send awkward shots, but he was overdoing them .... Novak as sharp as ever.
Its great that this match lasted as normal training session do (less than hour), since Novak plays 2nd round tomorrow.

Completely different challenge awaits tomorrow

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Easy for Nole.

I refuse to believe this court speed is going to make him look like a mug at AO.

Still favourite to win for me given he's won last two slams.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy for Nole.

I refuse to believe this court speed is going to make him look like a mug at AO.

was thinking the same thing, doha looks pretty fast this year. furthermore nole even wasn't messing around in the slightest with getting the towel between points, average time between serves was like around 15 seconds max. i think.
encouraging signs early on, good to see.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Easy for Nole.

Novak has won numerous times in Dubai and Shanghai. He's also made plenty of finals at Cinci, Montreal and London and according to the CPI figures those are quicker than other surfaces.

Let's be real here, Djokovic loves the quick courts as much as anyone else.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reinventing his game, one shot at a time. First the serve, now the forehand. Hes in it for the long haul (20+), fingers crossed. The last 'old man' before Nexgen takes over. One of his most aggressive matches ever IMO.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
It are matches like these that make me already mis Boss his opening posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts