Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
Not bad for a broken shoulder guy infected with life threatening virus .few leg injuries missing for peak nadal though

·
Registered
962 Posts
Seems like you posted the same tread as I did just exactly a minute earlier.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Had to stumble over the finish line in the end but some very good signs for Rafa. Has to avoid thos lapses in concentration though. Colonel did well to keep this so close, he was very good at times, there was one BH rocket in particular that was huge.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
LOL. He played 2 or 3 points with a kid and the kid was blasting winners from his moonballs and acting like a boss in the net shaking his hand without even looking at him, LIKE A BOSS. Showing Youzhny how it is done!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Very high quality match with BOTH players playing a lot better than I've seen them do for a very very long time! :worship:

Rafa serving great and apart from a slight dip at the end of the 2nd set played aggressively and creative. Youzhny fighting like a lion and I daresay that the scoreline doesn't give him the credits he deserves.
Welcome back, the both of you :hug: !

Congrats to Rafa - this match must really have given him a bucketload of confidence. Youzhny has enough positives to take from it as well. :D

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
nadal can play well but constantly getting tight on big points or when he needs to close the set or match . just his luck is that slaves are around every corner these days

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I liked it a lot. I like this new Nadal :)

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
Good to see that Simon Reed is informed about various sports .

Comment on Raul was " The part of World Cup winning team "

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Youzhny played pretty well... But kinda pushing from both sides.
Anyways, I liked the match, I enjoyed it, good shots.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal played great until a slight mental lapse when he was serving to be up 5-1 and was broken BUT to be fair Youzhney sort of forced the issue, he went for his shots when chances came and that's why it was hard for Rafael to finish things.

Nadal is looking very good, happy to see him mixing things up and displaying variety because I feel like for portions of 2011 his game was missing that. looking promising.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I haven't seen him play that good on HC for the whole 2011. Not getting overexcited but if forehand, backhand, serve and movement are working like that or better then God saves the Djoker.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I haven't see him play that good on HC for the whole 2011. Not getting overexcited but if forehand, backhand, serve and movement are working like that or better then God saves the Djoker.
:haha: :haha: :haha: ......today Novak would bagel Nadal ........are you kidding me ....only reason he won is that Youzhny is a mug that chokes on big points .....Novak on his 70% is better on HC than Rafa on his 100%.............have fun at the AO .....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts