Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andrey Rublev was up a break in the second set, Corentin Moutet started to get into his head but solid tie break for a 3rd ATP title.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Good win for Rublev. Didnt drop a set all week.

Hes playing quite well these days. Feels like a long time when he was beaten by ones like Moraing, Jubb and Polmans last summer.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
6-4 6-2 6-4 6-3 6-3 6-1 6-2 7-6(3). Solid week for Rublev, didn't drop a set and the closest set he won (the TB here) should have been a straightforward one also. Get why people like Moutet, quite an unorthodox player, but I don't think he's that good.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Excellent week for Rublev. After yesterday it looked very hard for Moutet to win, battling through two 3 set victories versus the serene progress of Rublev. Still though, a promising start to the season for Moutet... to break through fully he needs to make a good impact at 250 level before stepping up in bigger events and he did it here.

·
Super Moderator
13,801 Posts
seemed a year ago my favorite 2 young players in Shapovalov and Rublev looked destined to be ball bashers that would not realize their great potential, what a difference 2019 made for both , future looks bright again with both now in top 20 and rising as originally expected !

This was an easy draw , but still valuable points and a good warm up heading to AO

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
According to my sources - Rublev will play in London WTF this year
No sources - He'll come close , the 10th ranking spot . Next year shall be his , SFs also No sources:LOL:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
It's hard to see him above : the big 3 , Medvedev , Tsitsipas , Shapo . Then it's a fight for the last 2 spots . It could be , very difficult

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
disappointing but bot surprising. as i said corentin was looking pretty tired after this win over stan. he fought well . great week for him and hopeully he will continue with this orm going forward

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was just researching who Popyrin lost to this year which led me to Moutet's run in Doha. He beat all these players:

Martin (Q1)
Popyrin (QR)
Sandgren (R1)
Raonic (R2)
Verdasco (QF)
Wawrinka (SF)

5'9" and 20 years old. What an amazing run!

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I was just researching who Popyrin lost to this year which led me to Moutet's run in Doha. He beat all these players:

Martin (Q1)
Popyrin (QR)
Sandgren (R1)
Raonic (R2)
Verdasco (QF)
Wawrinka (SF)

5'9" and 20 years old. What an amazing run!
That was amazing, he beat Verdasco and Wawrinka in 3 sets in the same day. One of the most incredible run in recent years for sure, he really deserved that title.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
It's hard to see him above : the big 3 , Medvedev , Tsitsipas , Shapo . Then it's a fight for the last 2 spots . It could be , very difficult
are you really thinking Thiem will not make the WTF? wanna bet?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
are you really thinking Thiem will not make the WTF? wanna bet?
Well its obvious that I forgot about him at the time and overated Shapo a bit , so Id make a switch of names there haha. The race will be pretty tight if Rao - Wawa - Le monf can stay healthy, Delpo's strong comeback doubtful , now Im thinking I maybe under rating Ruvlev ... Ok it will be a fight between 16 players or so ! Maybe the biggest in recent memory

1 - 17 of 17 Posts