Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seppi tried hard, but couldn't outtrick the magician. Too many errors on decisive points plus traditional chip'n'charges by Fabrice made the outcome look like it is

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
That drop shot at 2:2, Adv in the 3rd set was pure class. :worship:
Thanks for playing at least another year, Fabrice. :)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was a beauty :) Even Seppi was smiling, congratulated Fabrice on that, and Fabrice was laughing as hell during changeover

Probably Davydenko is next, so I guess it will be the last stop here for Santoro

·
Registered
134 Posts
Seppi had so many opportunities to break, but wasted them all! Well done to Santoro though, and that drop shot was beautiful :worship:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,407 Posts
Santoro knows how to win close matches, Seppi doesnt

0/4 in BPs in the final set says it all. Had he gone 3-2 up with a break I'm sure the outcome would have been different as Seppi was playing quite good and Santoro wasnt having it easy. AFter that game Seppi lost serve missing 2 smashes and 1 drive volley and at 4-2 had another 2BPs, 1 of which he missed with an easy forehand

lost opportunity here for Seppi

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
Bravo Fabrice! I'm so happy for his win and for the end of the tennis break! The off-season was driving me insane! And what a better way to start then watching a 3 setter with Fabrice. And Marcos won his double too in Chennai(against Rafa but you cannot have everything)! :tennis: :bigclap:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Santoro has the strangest game. He is the only person I know of who hits a two handed slice forehand consistently. He's crazy fast too. I acn see how he would drive other players insane. But I must admit, his U.S. open match with Blake was a classic.
That all said, good job Fabrice!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
:woohoo: Fabrice, you're the best. I hope this year you will finally reach a quarterfinal in a Grand Slam
AO 2006

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And he lost to Fit Dave then, so for sure he would have taken the title if Nalbi didn't play :)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
And he lost to Fit Dave then, so for sure he would have taken the title if Nalbi didn't play :)
Actually, he beat the original Fit Dave in the previous round. ;)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to mention Mr Backhand in R3... I remember, Fabrice played singles so hard that Fyrstenberg & Matkowski could reach doubles SF :)

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Well done Fab :) Seppi was god awful in the first set and pulled it back amazingly in the second but the magician prevailed :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts