Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first reaction to ATP World is that it will take away some of the quality and best posters (tennischick, Becca etc.) from WTA World. :( Is that happening? Or am I misjudging the situation? :confused:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Well I will still go to wtaworld to read Jenn's big brother story in GM - very funny and cute for those of you who haven't seen it - and I will go there every day or two to see if anything in non tennis pops out at me.

When this place gets more busy, I might not go there at all.

Frankly there are just way too many people who hate me over there :eek: ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I need to re-read this a couple of times - somethings not quite right in that statement ;) ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Also I think that I can keep myself out of trouble here.

I can get quite viscious when arguing with people who I deem as rather stupid, and thankfully I have had no run ins here yet ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Rebecca said:
lol @ Julie.

Quality, and wtaworld :eek: I thought that when I first read it, but then began my rant, since he brought me up.

I'm all about quality :angel:
I knew that ;)

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Hi Miss Julei :lick:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lol - HI Daneil :p :p :p

Rebecca, make that 159 :bounce:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who is "he", Becca? :confused: Me? If "he" is me, then "he" has a name!

Becca, this is only tennis. There is no reason for people to hate you! People should come to the boards to escape the problems of the real world and have fun! :)

Becca, I know I have frustrated you from time to time with some of my posts! :eek: And you have responded accordingly!
Ouch! :( But I still have always felt that I could respond to your posts and that you have learned to tolerate me and my sometimes annoying ways! ;) Is that true? If it is, then you have come along way! :bounce:

And I definately don't expect the amount of vitriol at ATP World that exists at WTA World. I wonder if talking about men's tennis players creates less havoc than talking about women's tennis players?

Julie, sorry about your Timmy! :( Maybe next year! :D

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
the cat - at the time of the post the only people in this thread were you, me and julie.

Seeing as you were the only "he" I saved myself the extra word and typed that.

It really wasn't worth taking offense over.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
the cat - for some reason people feel the need to defend their fave women players more.... people are a lot more touche with that subject...

I am in a sense - for example when people would stupidly put up threads of healthy women and talk about how fat they were :rolleyes: I would go ballistic, because I find that bloody sick.

However we seem to be able to make fun of the men without too much trouble.

I mean, I'm more than likely on watch for stalking Ferrero ;), yet *most* of the time when people say bad things about him I just dont' care.

meh.

I digress.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
lmao @ my Timmy *cough*

Im only sorry that he didnt meet Lleyton sooner, then they'd have put Lleyton's quarter final on center court instead of court 1 :sad: Im not bitter honest :rolleyes:

And OMG this is Non tennis, look what you made me do :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Julie said:
lmao @ my Timmy *cough*

Im only sorry that he didnt meet Lleyton sooner, then they'd have put Lleyton's quarter final on center court instead of court 1 :sad: Im not bitter honest :rolleyes:
No I'm not bitter either Julie :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Some people actually prefer ATP to WTA. This is my case. I dont have time to post on many boards, so probably Ill be here and thats it.
And we have to take all we can from this board while we have time. Its so cosy (cozy?? whatever... ;))

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hitman is everywhere at ATP World today! :)

Becca, I was kidding about the "he" comment. ;)

But Julie, who is "you"? Look what "you" made me do. Me again? LOL!

Don't laugh too hard Julie! I don't want you to pull a ribcage muscle or something!

And Becca is very perceptive! Women's tennis fans take it personally when their favorites are criticised. And they react in ap personal way. But men's tennis fans are much more tolerable and less combative. I think! :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
the cat said:
And Becca is very perceptive! Women's tennis fans take it personally when their favorites are criticised. And they react in ap personal way. But men's tennis fans are much more tolerable and less comabative. I think! :)
Only time will tell. but its looking good so far ;) ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
As long as the Williams sisters don't join the ATP Tour I think the board will be OK :eek: :cool:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
the cat said:
Hitman is everywhere at ATP World today! :)
Oh my, is that SO OBVIOUS??? hehe. I guess its the enthusiams. Ive been waiting for something like this for years! :bounce:

And LMAO @ US AIR FORCE! :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts