Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know right now we talk about Nole 2011, Rafa 2010, Nole 2015, McEnroe 1984, and Rogie 2006 as the best tennis seasons ever.

There is still a ways to go, but other than an errant throatball, Nole has literally gone undefeated all year , sweeping every big title other than the one he defeated himself in.

granted, it’s a shortened season, but even so, it looks like we will end up getting most of the big tournaments in (and ironically the tournaments missed were some of Nole’s best, so probably hurt him more than anyone else).

unless Rafa cleans up his clay form or Nole loses his mind again mid-match, I can’t see him losing a match the rest of the year. That would mean 2 slams, year end 1, all weeks of The year at 1, and every masters title.

not to mention that he has been doing all of this with a bunch of external factors working against him, like the Covid scandal, throatgate, vicious press attacking him, etc etc. if he was able to overcome all of that, would this be the greatest tennis season ever? Discuss.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
We're at the tail end of September and he's still yet to lose a match, so yes, this could end up being even better than his 2011 or 2015 seasons.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same thing that happened to "Rogie will retire after Laver Cup 2019".
This troll is really boring and tiresome.
I was correct in that prediction, as you know, which is why the Jedi refused to arbitrate to spare himself the humiliation

·
Your visions will happen
48,564 Posts
Let's focus on the RG draw first. He's gotta take the French if he wants to say that. Can't be an all time GOAT season with only 1 slam

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's focus on the RG draw first. He's gotta take the French if he wants to say that. Can't be an all time GOAT season with only 1 slam
Agreed, the French is key, but as a master historian do you think it is possible if he runs the tables for the rest of the season?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
are you trying to get yourself banned again? Stay on topic
1) Stop trying to get people banned.

2) On topic, Djokovic will probably win 1 of the 3 slams this year.

Comparing that to 3-slam seasons is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very silly.

3) Come out as a Djokovic. It's OK. You loved Federer when he was winning, now you love Djokovic when he's winning. It's called being a gloryhunter. You might as well embrace it.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Considering what happened at USO, answer is NO.
This. If he goes the rest of the season without a legit loss on his resume it could be up there, but unfortunately the amount of big titles he can possibly win is pretty low and that will hurt the overall quality of the season.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1) Stop trying to get people banned.

2) On topic, Djokovic will probably win 1 of the 3 slams this year.

Comparing that to 3-slam seasons is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very silly.

3) Come out as a Djokovic. It's OK. You loved Federer when he was winning, now you love Djokovic when he's winning. It's called being a gloryhunter. You might as well embrace it.
Why do half of the Federesian horde say I’m a Nole fan and half of the Federesian horde say I’m a Rafa fan? Which is it?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This. If he goes the rest of the season without a legit loss on his resume it could be up there, but unfortunately the amount of big titles he can possibly win is pretty low and that will hurt the overall quality of the season.
It seems to me like we will still have most of the big titles this year, just in a condensed season (unless a second wave shuts everything down again)

·
Your visions will happen
48,564 Posts
Agreed, the French is key, but as a master historian do you think it is possible if he runs the tables for the rest of the season?
If he wins RG, wins Paris, wins YEC undefeated, it is certainly an argument, but we have to wait and see

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
No and not even if he wins RG. No Wimbledon result and a 4th round exit at the USO don’t help. He already has 2 other seasons in which he won 3 slams whereas he only has a maximum potential of 2 this year.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts