Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just thinking Nadal has had may more early exits for the rank he is in recent years than Federer has including the Rosol one, Kyrgios, Soderling (although that one can be excused by looking at his record on clay) and probably a few others that i can't think of at the moment but just can't just hold the consistency as good as he does on his clay surface.

In fact while it isn't to be sneezed at for any average joe player, He only has 5 Titles at the other three major events now putting that into perspective for a minute against Federer he has won 15 Titles on 3 Surfaces and 9 since Nadal came of age. Nadal is 28 and may have another 3-4 or so years at the top left however his playing style worries me because flair is something that can diminish quickly with age, he doesn't have that that balance in his attributes like Roger does and I am not sure if Nadal has too many Plan B's in his game.

If Nadal retires tomorrow he will be the best clay player who ever lived, absolutely no doubt as words can't describe the phenomenal ability however particularly if Federer wins his 8th Wimbledon crown that will in my opinion put any case to rest on who is the better all-surface player.

Djokovic still has time to capture the GOAT Title however a loss against Federer in the expected final in my opinion would put a massive dent to that.

Djokovic 27 is at prime age, Federer is 33 and SHOULD be past it, maybe he isn't as good as he was but a win over a player in his prime would be devastating for Nole in the above sentiments.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I am just thinking Nadal has had may more early exits for the rank he is in recent years than Federer has including the Rosol one, Kyrgios, Soderling (although that one can be excused by looking at his record on clay) and probably a few others that i can't think of at the moment but just can't just hold the consistency as good as he does on his clay surface.

In fact while it isn't to be sneezed at for any average joe player, He only has 5 Titles at the other three major events now putting that into perspective for a minute against Federer he has won 15 Titles on 3 Surfaces and 9 since Nadal came of age. Nadal is 28 and may have another 3-4 or so years at the top left however his playing style worries me because flair is something that can diminish quickly with age, he doesn't have that that balance in his attributes like Roger does and I am not sure if Nadal has too many Plan B's in his game.

If Nadal retires tomorrow he will be the best clay player who ever lived, absolutely no doubt as words can't describe the phenomenal ability however particularly if Federer wins his 8th Wimbledon crown that will in my opinion put any case to rest on who is the better all-surface player.

Djokovic still has time to capture the GOAT Title however a loss against Federer in the expected final in my opinion would put a massive dent to that.
Huh? Thanks for the compliment but no, not even close.

As for Nadal, his early losses don't really hurt him IMHO, no one will know how far he made it in certain rounds of certain Slams...just which ones and how many did he win. We all know what he needs and that's 4 more Slams, double his current weeks at No.1 win at least one WTF...with Fed not doing anything of significance, which I also doubt will happen.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
If Fed wins #18 it makes it harder, but not impossible. He will have to win outside the French though, as I can't see him winning the FO past 31 (if he's even playing then).

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

Djokovic 27 is at prime age, Federer is 33 and SHOULD be past it, maybe he isn't as good as he was but a win over a player in his prime would be devastating for Nole in the above sentiments.
how on Earth do you think Djokovic is in the running for the GOAT title at this point?

he has won a handful of clay events, shown he is weak in GS finals, and only won Wimbledon once

even if he were to take the title this weekend that wouldn't put him anywhere close

Federer will likely end up the best ever

I think it's unwise to point out some of Nadal's early losses at Wimbledon as a huge dent on his reputation- he's made the final 5 times. Federer obviously in recent years has gotten upset plenty, Djokovic early in his career quite often early upset at slams, etc.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
He never had a chance, he has never won Grand Slams on real Hard Courts or real Grass. Maybe except the AO 2009, other than that it's all dirt.
Wow, Fraud has won more Grand Slams on clay than I thought - RG'09, WI'09,12, AO'10. So, he has a TRIPLE Career Slam! :lol:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts

too late bro, he will not even reach 10 slams. He will be another Agassi.

Even winning another AO is a suspect. If a mug enter final he knows he is beating djok but not fedal.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Huh? Thanks for the compliment but no, not even close.

As for Nadal, his early losses don't really hurt him IMHO, no one will know how far he made it in certain rounds of certain Slams...just which ones and how many did he win. We all know what he needs and that's 4 more Slams, double his current weeks at No.1 win at least one WTF...with Fed not doing anything of significance, which I also doubt will happen.
With Djokovic turning into a ranking points player, i doubt Nadal can capture WTF nor most weeks no.1.
For the 4 slams he will have only RG to feed off. Federer will gain 2 more slams for sure. Changing his racquet shows he is not quitting anytime in 5 yrs. He is clearly still no.3.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Stopped watching tennis in the late Sampras years.

Heard about a new player, around 2002/3.

Videos starting popping up. WTF, this guy is like no other.

Nadal's great but will never match Fed, slams won't do it, weeks at #1 won't either.

There's certain qualities that can't be defined by numbers, though Fed has those.

Fed's the one, there just isn't any other.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Nah he still has a good chance. Wimbledon is his toughest surface nowadays so this upset doesn't tell us much.

He won USO last year and made it to the finals of A0 this year. And he's the King of RG.

If Federer gets to 18 here, Nadal will need 5 more slams to get to 19. 2-3 more RGs is quite likely, so he needs 2 more non clay slams. Tough ask but possible.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nadal would have lost many late round exits too if he played anyone besides Birdshit and Federer.

Kryptonite will never be better than Superman even if Kryptonite owns Superman every single time. One is just a rock and the other is well, Superman.....

Nadal is nowhere near Federer's level in any way shape or form.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Nah. When it comes to tennis skills and natural talent, Federer is a superior player. Nadal is immense fighter with unique forehand and nerves of steel.
Fed has won more in his career than Nadal. But as soon as he steps on the court against Rafa, his "superior tennis skills" and bigger "natural talent" don't mean jack shit :devil:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
No. His loss just reduces his chances of fluking another Wimbledon. If Roger wasn't a dummy, he wouldn't have gifted that final to Rafa anyway.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal would have lost many late round exits too if he played anyone besides Birdshit and Federer.

Kryptonite will never be better than Superman even if Kryptonite owns Superman every single time. One is just a rock and the other is well, Superman.....

Nadal is nowhere near Federer's level in any way shape or form.
I think Federer is by and far the greatest player ever but you sound dumb saying Nadal isn't even in contention

his career obviously isn't as good BUT he's got 14 slams. not exactly a million miles away

1 - 20 of 46 Posts