Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like Rio, Buneos Aires (even though he won it), Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, and Rome all mean very little to Rafa. IMO he ONLY cares about the FO. The other clay events that used to mean so much to him now don't matter at all. I'm 100% convinced that in 2015 for Rafa it's the FO title or bust!

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
It is bust.

·
Registered
20,962 Posts
Stupid thread. That he is not able to win the lesser clay events only shows how pathetic he has become on the surface, not that he doesn't care of them.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
6,719 Posts
Quite possibly this is the case, and he is foxing in the other clay court events.
Not a bad idea though if I was he, just play 1/2 the year and aim at your best Major from hereon in.

·
Registered
740 Posts
king of clay

gamesmanship cheater

Nabull

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
He doesn't particularly care for anything outside slams, but he cares about playing himself into form and getting momentum, which isn't going all too well

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
And when he loses the FO it will be because he was secretly switching his specialty to grass.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Seems he doesn't even care about FO anymore.
He just said he wouldn't want to win it 15 times or something like that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Did you see his obnoxious celebrations yesterday on Stan's UEs? He desperately wanted to win but he couldn't. Competition has gotten better and better over the years. His one and only trick involving feeding high topspin forehands to opponent's weaker wing is no longer paying dividends.

He's done and dusted.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
We will know the answer after the FO. There is a possibility he is tanking, and psychologically trolling his opponents ("oh look, Nadal is shitty, I can win the FO now!"), but I have my doubts.

Anyway, if he is doing it, he's a genious! :D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Nadal only looses when he does not care (or is injured).

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yep, even though he has won those tournaments countless times he suddenly doesn't care. Seems legit. Nadal fans floundering is hilarious to see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts