Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal racked up the wins while young Djokovic was developing. Still has a positive H2H. But now all signs point to Novak's utter domination of Nadal: 6 in a row, 9-2 in last eleven matches. And let's be honest; the H2H doesn't even matter, Nadal is now helpless against Djokovic at his own game, something Federer-Nadal never was. Djokovic is Nadal 2.0.

Should Nadal retire or start avoiding Novak by losing in SFs? He would still have a very slight hope for eventually making a GOAT bid by sneaking 1 slam/yr until 31-32 years old while keeping the Fed H2H positive and by avoiding a Djoke and the increasingly negative H2H.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Its not a rivalry. Much like Fedal. Rivalries aren't one sided. Everyone knows Nadal will beat Fed. Nadal has lost 7 in a row to Nole and he has no belief he can beat Nole either.

Rivalries bring an aura of unpredictability. Like the Fedal matchup, you know the script before the match is played

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
No. Nadal takes his virtues and flaws in stride, as a mature person should do.

It taints only the blind worshipers who fought crusades proving that Nadal is the True Spartan God, but experience a total breakdown of their religion now that their True Spartan God is exposed for a clueless and powerless human being. As for examples (galore) of such individuals, look no further than MTF.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rafa's figured out how to match it with Novak now, very unlucky not to win tonight. This'll give him a lot of confidence in future meetings and I'll bank on him winning his fair share of them.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Rafa's figured out how to match it with Novak now, very unlucky not to win tonight. This'll give him a lot of confidence in future meetings and I'll bank on him winning his fair share of them.
don't think so. fresh nole would've finished him off in no more than 4 sets. i don't see him getting a lot of confidence from this match simply b/c he knows dead nole managed to take him out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
well, well...:lol: Fed can't be goat because Nadal owns him...so where does that leave Nadal? Djokovic owns him and is winning all the big matches.

·
Your visions will happen
50,107 Posts
Did anyone here read Nadal's post match interview?

He is more motivated than ever. If I was Djokovic, I'd be worried about not letting up the gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
don't think so. fresh nole would've finished him off in no more than 4 sets. i don't see him getting a lot of confidence from this match simply b/c he knows dead nole managed to take him out.
I tend to agree. Nadal was closer today because Djokovic was struggling physically before the match even started, and obviously was wilting at times today. A fully fit Djokovic would've taken the match sooner I think.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts

He is more motivated than ever. If I was Djokovic, I'd be worried about not letting up the gas pedal.
It seems to be Nadaltards never learn. Novak missed so many FHs he would have never missed last year. Nadal played his best aggressive tennis (as much as he's capable of playing like that) and Novak was almost dead AND IT WAS STILL NOT NEARLY ENOUGH. Djokovic should have won in 4. If this was last year the match was over at 4-3 in the 4th.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
well, well...:lol: Fed can't be goat because Nadal owns him...so where does that leave Nadal? Djokovic owns him and is winning all the big matches.
Nadal doesn't own Federer. He loses to him every now and then (H2H is 17-9 for Nadal, and half the matches were on clay). Also, Djokovic's mastery of Nadal took off only last year so I think we should wait a bit more before declaring that Djokovic has Nadal's number.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Well Fed cant be GOAT cos Nadal, and Nadal cant be GOAT cos of Djokovic. Which means Djokovic is the GOAT...until the next time he loses.

When did we start thinking like this?

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Well Fed cant be GOAT cos Nadal, and Nadal cant be GOAT cos of Djokovic. Which means Djokovic is the GOAT...until the next time he loses.

When did we start thinking like this?
Djokovic can't be GOAT because of Nadal and Federer :shrug:

These guys killed eachother :lol:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts

I don`t think so , nadal of course wants to say that he is more motivated than ever.

but this defeat for me , hurts very much.

I mean , nole not played his best tennis and nadal made an amazing return for won 4 set.

after that , nole was bad and without confidence , and nadal gift the break to nole and with a terrible unforced error ( very extrange in nadal with federer that ball was in the line) , he gift the australian open to nole...

with this victory , nole is full of confidence and nadal very hurt....

this type of matches are very determinats

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
GOAT=greatest of all time(number of slams and style of game) 16>10
beautiful tennis>(moonball+peds+cheat+gamesmanship+corrupting/slow down of surfaces and reduction of ms finals to best of 3 for a bieber type player)

hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
It's not tainted yet. But of course Djokovic's wins can slow down Nadal to prevent him from becoming GOAT or at least record holder.

3,728 Posts
simpy put it takes away the taint from federer legacy

just shows you how important a matchup is

but its strange

nole was 4-14 (he was an offical turkey)

so really nole is like this new guy, who is 10-2 vs nadal

2 more wins and nole 2.0 makes nadal his turkey

epic

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
Its not a rivalry. Much like Fedal. Rivalries aren't one sided. Everyone knows Nadal will beat Fed. Nadal has lost 7 in a row to Nole and he has no belief he can beat Nole either.

Rivalries bring an aura of unpredictability. Like the Fedal matchup, you know the script before the match is played
Agreed. Neither of them can compare to the LEGENDARY Sampras/Agassi rivalry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts