Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels so unfair. He would have been super motivated not to f*k up again. And winning gold would not just make him and Serbia happy - it would also do wonders for his case in the GOAT race.

·
Registered
874 Posts
They did everything to prevent him from winning the super slam and second nole slam.

·
6,327 Posts
Olympic Gold would be very important to Nole, and for his country.
Nole loves his homeland , and is very proud and patriotic.
Not really that relevant to the goat 🐐 debate though.
5 year end championships is the most relevant, outside of the Slams.

·
Your visions will happen
47,430 Posts
Can still do it in 2021

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Let's be honest, he loves playing in Asia and he will still be the heavy favorite next year...if it happens.

·
Banned
693 Posts
TBH - I don't think I watched more than a couple of OG tennis matches in the past 15+ years.
Tennis wasn't even an OG sport till 30 years ago.
I have no idea why people think that OG Tennis is a "thing".

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
160 Posts
He was crap in the other Olympics. His mind was on celebrating and not bashing the opponent. Good to see Del Po with some happiness, but Djoker made a circus out of himself.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
No, it does not suck, because Olympics 2020 were not cancelled, but they were merely postponed to 2021.

Likewise, the opportunity was not missed, but it was postponed.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
TBH - I don't think I watched more than a couple of OG tennis matches in the past 15+ years.
Tennis wasn't even an OG sport till 30 years ago.
I have no idea why people think that OG Tennis is a "thing".
You sound like a Dulltard talking about the ATP Finals. Also Nole's tears after losing in Rio say that OG Tennis is definitely a "thing".

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If he couldn't win it at his peak he won't win it as a fossil. Djokovid with a big fat zero Gold medals, no GOAT.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
it sucks for him but in terms of tennis history,Olympics is not an decisive factor,19 slams + og < 20 slams

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
All these 'tournament X is the most important event in the world/meaningless, because my fave has won it and opponent Y did not ha ha ha/never won it' threads and comments never get old.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts