Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Zverev

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With his old racquet, the drop shots were a lot more frequent... at least that's my feeling. It was so smooth and more often than not impossible for the opponent to reach. But I'd still argue his drop shot is the best one out there.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
As by far the 3rd best player ever, Federer doesn't just have the best drop shot, he also has the most aesthetic game ever. Fantastic player. He should be appreciated more by his haters.

Reactions: Manu_ser

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Tomic. Because you never expect his.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Lord Gulbis ofc.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The dropshot against Berdych was one of the most jawbreaking shots I have seen, but I don't know if Fed has the best dropshots

·
9,526 Posts
Berrettini for sure

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Carreno Busta has the best FH dropshot, Paire the best BH one.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,302 Posts
Paire had some really devilish ones while moving backwards from the baseline. Very hard to counter because you don't know when he'll use it.

Nishikori at his best also had some sweet ones on the forehand side and plays them with good percentages using a stranding strategy. He knows when his opponent is backed up very far and has options to blast or finesse. It hasn't been as great this season as his setup FH has let him down but it's one of my favorite shots of his. You know it is good when Murray doesn't even try to track it down.

I'd also give Ouahab a shout. He hurt GGL and Kohli a lot in Casablanca.

[/ytb][/ytb]

·
|
15,331 Posts
The best drop shot performance I've ever seen was Rafa when he played Del Potro in the 2018 Wimbledon SF.
That's the most drop shots I've ever seen, and successful drop shots on huge points.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Carreno Busta doesn’t have an ounce of touch lol, the best forehand drops shots are either Federer or Brown and backhand I would say Federer.
Wrong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts