Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack Kramer had his subconscious tank theory. Could there be a subconscious torture in tennis too? If there was Djokovic may enjoy to torture Federer. He speaks nicely about him, always talks about respect but on the court he tortures him. To beat Federer saving two MPs twice now, is the most excruciating torture in tennis. Fed was so so so close to another major.

It's more excruciating to lose like that than by straightforward 64 64 64. Could it be possible Djokovic is torturing Federer to give him false hope so he keeps on playing? So Djokovic can keep beating him? :) Because the most rewarding wins for Djokovic are against Federer a little more than over Nadal.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
So Djoko intentionally put himself in 2MP down situation to torture Fed. Seems legit.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
The last bit of the OP is true - wins vs Federer are cherished more than any others and of course losses are more painful vs any others...these are but simple facts

I don't understand how one can like both players...to me they are different in every way

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I do not think it is a matter of torture or anything done on purpose.

Tennis like most opposition sports is a matter of skills, of brain (to decide which skill is the best at the very right moment) and of guts (on key points).

I do not know the exact background of Federer, which family he came from, what kind of younger years he had, but obviously he does not match the same level of guts like Djokovic and Nadal.

He is a genius skill wise but maybe his talent prevented him to fight as hard as the other had to, and there is a slight gap between them gut wise.

That is probably why Federer can have lost those three Wimbledon despite playing better the whole fortnight and those 2 USO SF despite MP.

That does not mean Federer has no guts, simply he has (a huger range of tennis skills but) less guts than the two others.

Nole and Nadal are more or less the same gut wise (maybe a slight advantage to Nadal but Nadal is injury prone) and that is probably why there are no such close matches or remontada except on Clay where it happened twice in French Open and Madrid.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So Djoko intentionally put himself in 2MP down situation to torture Fed. Seems legit.
lol

It boosts ur confidence ofc.But on purpose?LOL
One ace and it's gone. But otoh i would like to feel what Nole felt after that mps...That relief and self confidence after you humiliated all that people who were against you:cool:

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I do not think it is a matter of torture or anything done on purpose.

Tennis like most opposition sports is a matter of skills, of brain (to decide which skill is the best at the very right moment) and of guts (on key points).

I do not know the exact background of Federer, which family he came from, what kind of younger years he had, but obviously he does not match the same level of guts like Djokovic and Nadal.

He is a genius skill wise but maybe his talent prevented him to fight as hard as the other had to, and there is a slight gap between them gut wise.

That is probably why Federer can have lost those three Wimbledon despite playing better the whole fortnight and those 2 USO SF despite MP.

That does not mean Federer has no guts, simply he has (a huger range of tennis skills but) less guts than the two others.

Nole and Nadal are more or less the same gut wise (maybe a slight advantage to Nadal but Nadal is injury prone) and that is probably why there are no such close matches or remontada except on Clay where it happened twice in French Open and Madrid.
I like your theory but the mere thought of Mirka awaiting you home after a defeat for sure makes up for any lack of guts

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
lol

It boosts ur confidence ofc.But on purpose?LOL
One ace and it's gone. But otoh i would like to feel what Nole felt after that mps...That relief and self confidence after you humiliated all that people who were against you:cool:
Well TBH it is just my opinion but I am afraid Nole is desesperately looking for love and praise, because of his background, and even if he built himself "against the rest of the World" having to prove everything and feeding himself from others' Hate and Despise, I am afraid for him that relief does not last.... and he cannot stop wanting more than what he achieved.

But maybe I am analyzing too much with my own experience.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I like your theory but the mere thought of Mirka awaiting you home after a defeat for sure makes up for any lack of guts
I was a Second Liga steeple chase runner, I met a lot of athletes, some Olympians, I trained some Top National female steeple chasers.

What I learnt from it is you can have all the outside motivation possible (from family, wife, husband, friends...) if you do not have guts and motivation in your inner self, it does not work the same.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
What I learnt from it is you can have all the outside motivation possible (from family, wife, husband, friends...) if you do not have guts and motivation in your inner self, it does not work the same.

I agree. That's what Pepe Imaz is there for.

Anyway whatever inner demons Nole has, he objectively has been a hell of a warrior against them, numbers speak for themselves. Don't you agree?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Djokovic has to mask his ruthless assassin court persona. He does that well by imaging himself as a statesman.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jack Kramer had his subconscious tank theory. Could there be a subconscious torture in tennis too? If there was Djokovic may enjoy to torture Federer. He speaks nicely about him, always talks about respect but on the court he tortures him. To beat Federer saving two MPs twice now, is the most excruciating torture in tennis. Fed was so so so close to another major.

It's more excruciating to lose like that than by straightforward 64 64 64. Could it be possible Djokovic is torturing Federer to give him false hope so he keeps on playing? So Djokovic can keep beating him? :) Because the most rewarding wins for Djokovic are against Federer a little more than over Nadal.
yeh apparentely Djokovic sends him texts saying quarante-quinze in the middle of the night on his burner phone + Mirka finds it funny as well. Lest not forget it's 3 US finals this decade and 3 Wimby finals plus AO11, AO16, US10 and US11, vs just FO11 and W12. Even if Feds had scraped thru at Wimbledon this year, he'd be unfairly lauded as the GOAT and all those matches conveniently forgotten

·
justice for all
13,534 Posts
Does the hidden inner scribbler subconsciously torture the OP?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts