Mens Tennis Forums banner
261 - 280 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Dude, just stop, jus sthaap :lol:

We're talking achievements here in the form of titles and such, stop with your hilarious attempts at changing goal posts. The same can be done about Nole and anyone can go on superlatives about his runs on slams and other such things.

Simply put we take titles such as slams, masters, weeks at number 1, H2H, etc. Basically things that can help people to directly and objectively compare the 2.

And out of all those, Nole has surpassed Nadal in everything beside slams which is what I said in my previous post.

LOL...good one. Last time I checked, Nadal has won more titles than Djokovic. And I'm not even only talking about the Slams which are most important.

Good stuff and I'll take that as long as Djokovic leads the overall H2H.
Because you know that's the official number everybody uses and will remember, not Channel or North American slam and wins breakdown by tournaments.

Oh how the "mighty" have fallen.

Maybe if you read my post again then you will understand why I mentioned the H2H in the Slams. Or maybe not because you are too much of Djoker fanboy :tape:

-The year 2021-

Please forgive when I keep talking about the reaility and not some imaginary future. The future you have seen in your deluded crystal ball.

·
Registered
372 Posts

We're talking achievements here in the form of titles and such, stop with your hilarious attempts at changing goal posts. The same can be done about Nole and anyone can go on superlatives about his runs on slams and other such things.

Simply put we take titles such as slams, masters, weeks at number 1, H2H, etc. Basically things that can help people to directly and objectively compare the 2.

And out of all those, Nole has surpassed Nadal in everything beside slams which is what I said in my previous post.
Nole has surpassed Nadal in every aspect but GS total.
So for me Nadal is still greater than Djoker but not for long :)

·
Banned
5,740 Posts

Who the fuck is "we", dude :lol:

So, winning an Olympic Gold medal is not an achievement now? And if the Channel Slam is not an achievement, why is it always talked about by the tennis commentators during RG and Wimbledon? But, yeah, you are a bigger "expert" I suppose...

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Who the fuck is "we", dude :lol:

So, winning an Olympic Gold medal is not an achievement now? And if the Channel Slam is not an achievement, why is it always talked about by the tennis commentators during RG and Wimbledon? But, yeah, you are a bigger "expert" I suppose...
There are a lot of things "talked about" by these commentators. Are you saying that everything they say is credible? Is Andrew Castle a tennis expert?

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
There are a lot of things "talked about" by these commentators. Are you saying that everything they say is credible? Is Andrew Castle a tennis expert?
Of course not everything is credible. But the Channel Slam is talked about all the time by McEnroe and the rest of the commentators because it is such a rare feat. Every year during Wimbledon they show who won it. And the last one so far is Rafa. Nole has a great chance of winning it too this year.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Of course not everything is credible. But the Channel Slam is talked about all the time by McEnroe and the rest of the commentators because it is such a rare feat. Every year during Wimbledon they show who won it. And the last one so far is Rafa. Nole has a great chance of winning it too this year.
I don't think Djokovic will do it this year. He's human after all and he's due a let up in the slams. This is as good a chance as Murray will get to win another Wimledon or even another slam. If Murray doesn't win it this year I'd be confident that Fedalray aren't winning any more slams.

·
Banned
902 Posts
Seriously - does anyone think that there's even a question about Djoker surpassing Nadal at this point?

Rafa is "in the rearview mirror" for a while now, and even Fed is "getting in-that-picture".

It's the truth, plain and simple, and I didn't think the messenger is needed.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
before i post i need to check my numbers with nadalfan2xxxx

Reactions: nadalfan2015

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
It has been answered three months before OP started this thread, though, when Nadal was at nine slams & 19 masters and Djokovic at two slams & 7 masters:

https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/180271-djokovic-will-win-10-more-slams.html

" I figure with new generation full of mugs and older generation of players fading away, Djokovic will be unstoppable on hard courts. Australian Open + US Open is a given within next 3 years. That's 6 slams. Add 2 AO's he has now, makes it 8. I am sure he can sneak RG or Wimbledon in the next few years as well, especially if Nadal gets injured and Olderer mugs out to some clown before second week.

I think he can end his career with ~10 slams easily. 5 AO, 4 USO, RG/W... I think he and Nadal will rule tennis for the next 2-3 years, considering the best young "talents" we have right now are all serve clowns like Raonic these days. "

He should've just prophetically added: " but if Djokovic gets injured afterwards, playing subpar tennis for a season or two, Nadal and Olderer could as easily "sneak" 3-4 slams each before the dawn of the NextGen"

·
Registered
757 Posts
Can he? Probably. It depends on how well Delpo does/stays healthy and how quickly it takes the Harrison/Tomic/Dimitrov generation to peak. I don't think he gets more than 10 Slams tops though. I could see him getting an average of one a year for 5 or so more years though plus 2 each of this year and next.
What a great bump. Reading the original predictions was a lot of fun, especially this bit.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
If Nadal wins this French Open, then no.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
posts like these are just stupid. You do realize players like Nadal and Federer exist? two players who at their peak >>>Djokovic. Djokovic wil maybe win 3-4 more slams in his lifetime and maybe considered a great(doubt it) but he's contending with two GOAT players. He couldn't win slams in those years because he wasn't consistent or fit enough...or good enough frankly.

Djokovic is realy lucky he's playing his peak tennis in an era where Federer is about to retire and Nadal starting to age. IF you got young Hewitt and Roddick and put them in this era they would win as many slams djoker has won.
So, Federer was about to retire 8 years ago. What a warrior. :spit:

·
Registered
759 Posts
- At least 1 Grand Slam tournament won for 10 consecutive years
- 9 titles at a single Grand Slam tournament
- 2 Channel Slams (Roland Garros - Wimbledon)
- At least 2 Grand Slam tournaments on every surface (hard-clay-grass)
- 3 Grand Slam tournaments on 3 different surfaces within the same year
- Olympic Gold medal in singles.
- Clay Slam (the three Masters on clay + Roland Garros)
- The North American Slam (Canada - Cincy - US Open)
- Longest surface winning streak on any single surface (81 consecutive matches won on clay)

...just from the top of my head.

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Olympic Gold medal.
Everything else has no relevance.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Doll beat djesus at RG and USO13 when both were at their relative peaks. As much as I like djesus, I'm unable to shake this off.
Bump !

Monfed has spoken, even though unconsciously.

JesusFed had just been fed by Jesus, whereas No1e is djesus or the-jesus, i.e. another son of God and the tennis-world savior.

JesusFed is an adjective used to describe Fed's god mode because he's unplayable in that mode specially on fast courts. It's the same way dull is called a clay beast because of the way he plays on clay.

'Nolefam' is used to descibe a bunch of croctards like Lolita going on twitter posting conspiracy theories and acting like the entire world holds a grudge against croc when nobody even cares about fakervic.

Apples and oranges. Adjectives used to describe playing level and the other a cult. Don't know why you're comparing the two. If you thought that we're describing JesusFed because Fed is Jesus then the issue is with your thinking.

But yes Federer is the god of tennis while fakervic and dull are only GOATs. i.e mere mortals.

261 - 280 of 305 Posts