Mens Tennis Forums banner
241 - 260 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I hope you are not serious... We have seen time and again that when Nadal is playing well, there's nothing Djokovic can do against him on any outdoor surface. In terms of level of play, peak Nadal and Federer are way above anything Djokovic has ever produced, we should not forget this just because the latter is racking up slams now that the former have severly declined.
2011 says hello. :wavey:

7 wins in a row. :wavey:

All finals. :wavey:

All surfaces. :wavey:

Absolute peak Nadal, playing the best tennis of his life. Beating everyone on the planet. :wavey:

Still totally hopeless against Nole. :wavey:

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
BOOOOM !!!!!!

Surpassed Nadal in everything(or at least most things) beside Slams so far which he is only 2 shy away from equaling :worship:

And to think some people were laughing just at the mere idea of him managing half of Nadal's achievements :lol:

Who knows, maybe that's how these threads laughing about Project 18 will look like in the future after Nole break few more records. Hopefully people have learned a few valuable lessons after all these threads about Nole being underestimated and where the notion about his future prospects were met with laughter and ridicules
- At least 1 Grand Slam tournament won for 10 consecutive years
- 9 titles at a single Grand Slam tournament
- 2 Channel Slams (Roland Garros - Wimbledon)
- At least 2 Grand Slam tournaments on every surface (hard-clay-grass)
- 3 Grand Slam tournaments on 3 different surfaces within the same year
- Olympic Gold medal in singles.
- Clay Slam (the three Masters on clay + Roland Garros)
- The North American Slam (Canada - Cincy - US Open)
- Longest surface winning streak on any single surface (81 consecutive matches won on clay)

...just from the top of my head.

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
He can't surpass Nadal in his intensity or his performance on clay, but he can surpass him overall if he wins another four or five slams and the Olympic gold.
I'll give you the Olympic gold, but another four or five slams????

Apart from the total slam count, Novak has already surpassed Rafa's achievements in all the meaningful categories (WTF wins, Masters wins, YE #1's, weeks at #1, H2H, NCYGS).

I would say 2 more slams for Novak and he has definitely surpassed Nadal. A solid argument can be made that it has already happened.

Another four or five slams and he has passed Federer, let alone Nadal.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Desperate times call for desperate arguments, such is this one. Perhaps if Nadal was good enough to get past the third round of a grand slam again Djokovic could change that, as he has in their overall h2h. ;) To me that's just another stat showing how irrelevant Nadal has been in slams the last 2 years.

Oh btw, despite this Djokovic has beaten Nadal at every slam (i.e. on every surface) something the moonballer will never achieve against Djokovic.
To be fair, Nadal beat Djokovic on clay and US Open, and Wimbledon via retirement.

Djokovic..................................................................................Nadal
AO (6-1)
............................................................................................. RG (9-1)
Wim (3-2)
............................................USO (2-2)
Masters (29-28)
YE No1 (4-3)
WTF (5-0)
Weeks at No1 (202-141)
H2H (26-23)

So, yeah, its safe to conclude who has had the better end so far...
Olympic gold is worth adding too.

Djokovic has surpassed or will surpass Nadal anyway and is overall the better player. No need to leave out any of their relevant achievements.

·
NAPRED NOLE
2,400 Posts
To be fair, Nadal beat Djokovic on clay and US Open, and Wimbledon via retirement.
Not sure what there is to be fair/unfair about when it's a fact that Nadal hasn't beaten Djokovic at the Australian Open. On the other hand Djokovic has defeated him at all 4 grand slams. In fact he's done the same against Federer as well, the only player of the three to have wins against the other two at all slams. Yet another impressive part of his already illustrious career.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
Doll beat djesus at RG and USO13 when both were at their relative peaks. As much as I like djesus, I'm unable to shake this off.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
- Longest surface winning streak on any single surface (81 consecutive matches won on clay)

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
emb I think it is time for you to join hands with Fed fans and defeat these djesustards. ;)

(I'll discuss the compensation details in PM)

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
emb I think it is time for you to join hands with Fed fans and defeat these djesustards. ;)

(I'll discuss the compensation details in PM)
Nadaltards and Fedtards united - best tribute to Djesus dominance :worship:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Not sure what there is to be fair/unfair about when it's a fact that Nadal hasn't beaten Djokovic at the Australian Open. On the other hand Djokovic has defeated him at all 4 grand slams. In fact he's done the same against Federer as well, the only player of the three to have wins against the other two at all slams. Yet another impressive part of his already illustrious career.
It referred to "(i.e. on every surface)"

And yes, I agree Djokovic has a very impressive record, beating Fedal at all slams. He could do the same to Murray if they meet at Wimbledon. Federer has done the same to Djokovic, but that's it.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Oh btw, despite this Djokovic has beaten Nadal at every slam (i.e. on every surface) something the moonballer will never achieve against Djokovic.

Wow, good for him :yeah: I take that as long as Nadal leads the H2H in Slams so clearly overall.

If Nadal wasn't busy losing to scrubs and making it deep to at least face Djokovic it would be another story. As proven by the fact Djokovic beat Nadal in EVERY SLAM, and not the other way around.
You know very well that in the last Slam, Nadal couldn't meet Djoker because Nadal was injured :rolleyes: Nothing to do with losing to "scrubs".
Even Wilander said that Nole's RG win without beating Nadal wasn't authentic :lol:

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Wow, good for him :yeah: I take that as long as Nadal leads the H2H in Slams so clearly overall.

You know very well that in the last Slam, Nadal couldn't meet Djoker because Nadal was injured :rolleyes: Nothing to do with losing to "scrubs".
Even Wilander said that Nole's RG win without beating Nadal wasn't authentic :lol:

Oh, Wilander said it? My bad I didn't know that. I apologize.

What did he say about Nadal winning the AO without beating Djokovic?

·
NAPRED NOLE
2,400 Posts
Wow, good for him
I take that as long as Nadal leads the H2H in Slams so clearly overall.
Good stuff and I'll take that as long as Djokovic leads the overall H2H.
Because you know that's the official number everybody uses and will remember, not Channel or North American slam and wins breakdown by tournaments.

Oh how the "mighty" have fallen.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
According some to Nadal tards, Grand Slam H2H against big rivals is now the most important stat in tennis. :lol:
Well that's the only one that can keep him relevant in the GOAT debate I guess... :spit:

Federer, Djokovic and Murray generally make SFs and finals even when they're not playing well, but the fact Nadal gets beaten by the first half decent player he faces in Slams over the last couple of years would suddenly make him the better player (as that allows him to still have great Slam H2Hs) ? :confused:

Djokovic was in your sig not so long ago, don't forget it... but it was pretty NID from the start you've never been a real fan of him as he routines your boy too often. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts

-The year 2021-

This... is...............Jeopardy!!!!

(big crowd applause)

Aaaaaaand our categories today are-

Spaniards with fewer Majors than Novak.

Spaniards with fewer h2h wins than Novak

Spaniards with fewer Masters than Novak.

Spaniards with fewer weeks at #1 than Novak.

Mallorcans with fewer WTF's than Novak

and finally

Serbians with fewer h2h Major victories from the tail-end of May to early June than Rafa.

·
Registered
567 Posts

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, just stop, jus sthaap :lol:

We're talking achievements here in the form of titles and such, stop with your hilarious attempts at changing goal posts. The same can be done about Nole and anyone can go on superlatives about his runs on slams and other such things.

Simply put we take titles such as slams, masters, weeks at number 1, H2H, etc. Basically things that can help people to directly and objectively compare the 2.

And out of all those, Nole has surpassed Nadal in everything beside slams which is what I said in my previous post.

241 - 260 of 305 Posts