Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He looks like he's added more muscle and is absolutely dominating right now. I fear for Roger.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I haven't watched any of his games yet (I try not to unless absolutely necessary)...is he still playing like davydenko + 4 inches?

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
How different is the view from the other side of the fence.

For those of us longing for Novak to win the whole thing, his lack of recent top class opposition since meltdown in Shanghai and his oh-so-easy first 3 matches, plus the weight of expectation facing him after last year's successes, all combine to give me collywobbles about tomorrow's matchup with Hewitt. Hardly dare to look beyond that...

But what do I know - I had money on Nalby...

For what it's worth, I still pick Fed for the whole thing and will be happy to see it happen. My admiration for him knows no bounds.

·
Registered
653 Posts
A bit early to call, isn't it? He hasn't played any seasoned competitors just yet. Roger looked unstoppable against Hartfield and Santoro and almost got blindsided by a fighting Tipsarevic.

Hewitt should test him, though I'm not sure how much that marathon with Baggy will affect his chances.

Reactions: scoobs

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Unstoppable? I don't know, who did he play that was really suppose to push him?

His match against Hewitt would be more telling, I think. Not that Hewitt is a contender, or anything.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Ive been impressed with what ive seen from Nole BUT his draw has been a bit of a cakewalk thus far so anyone would look good!

Hewitt match will be the crucial one. I'd fancy him for the whole thing if he wins that one.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Plus Nole is now Bud Collins' pick to win - need I say more? I am nervous...
He doesn't deserve that :sad: On the other side, I'm happy for Federer! :p

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
That's it. He LOOKS unstoppable, but in fact he isn'. We'll see it soon ;)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
I can see Djokovic beating Federer and making the final this year. I don't know if he will lift the trophy though.

I hope Federer can actually still hold him at bay.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Noooooooo tell me it's not true :bigcry: :bigcry:
I know I know, it's awful isn't it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22756198/

Then we get what could be the match of the tournament: Federer vs. Djokovic. In my view the winner of this semifinal will go on to become the Australian Open champ. Djokovic is 1-5 against Federer, including last year's U.S. Open final, where he lost in three tight sets. I'm guessing the peer-imitating Djokster is ready to take the next step, and he did beat Federer for the first time on his way to the title in Montreal last August. He's my pick to stop Federer's run of 10 consecutive major finals and win the title here.

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
I know I know, it's awful isn't it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22756198/

Then we get what could be the match of the tournament: Federer vs. Djokovic. In my view the winner of this semifinal will go on to become the Australian Open champ. Djokovic is 1-5 against Federer, including last year's U.S. Open final, where he lost in three tight sets. I'm guessing the peer-imitating Djokster is ready to take the next step, and he did beat Federer for the first time on his way to the title in Montreal last August. He's my pick to stop Federer's run of 10 consecutive major finals and win the title here.

This completely ruined my day :bigcry: :rolls:

Reactions: Bremen

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Bud picked Djokoovic?

Phew - Federer is safe then.

Bud hasn't been right since Carter beat Ford.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
We have no idea how Djokovic will fair against good competition. He'll probably dispose of Hewitt, but the QF will be tough. If Ferrero can overcome Ferrer, I think he surprises Novak. I still think Ferrero at his best is better than Djokovic at his best and a smarter player.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts