Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he will thrash Ferrer 2-0.
Gasquet's style is too fast for Ferrer. Ferrer usually needs more time to set up his shots otherwise he has no angle or depth on both wings. The only reason that he beat Djokovic was that Djokovic was too inconsistent compared to him.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I think he will thrash Ferrer 2-0.
Gasquet's style is too fast for Ferrer. Ferrer usually needs more time to set up his shots otherwise he has no angle or depth on both wings. The only reason that he beat Djokovic was that Djokovic was too inconsistent compared to him.

Ever seen a match between them before?

Of course you could be right, and Gasquet is playing well, but previous matches between the two would indicate that Ferrer is a difficult matchup for Gasquet.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
too fast but playing from 5 meters from the baseline the power diminishes

also, Ferrer-Gasquet is not the TMC final, you know?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Ever seen a match between them before?

Of course you could be right, and Gasquet is playing well, but previous matches between the two would indicate that Ferrer is a difficult matchup for Gasquet.
you were fast :eek:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
I also think Gasquet aka Baby Fed will win this TMC.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
If Gasquet does play at 100%, and I do mean 100%, something which I've seen him do maybe 3 or 4 times, then yes, I'm certain Gasquet can win the TMC, he has out of this world talent.

But his head and his consistency don't help him out.

So no, Federer'll probably win, if not Ferrer or Nadal.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
I think that Ferrer could do some damage here.
Only if Federer somehow lose to Roddick tommorow. Otherwise I still believe that Fedex is n.1 favourite- even in this shitty form.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Does anyone feel that Gasquet might win this year's master cup?
Don't know but the fact he qualified almost miraculously for this Masters Cup could well be a sign.

If he beat Ferrer(that's a big IF) tomorrow then i would begin to think he can go all the way

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
he has out of this world talent.
Yes, he does have lots of talent, BUT he doesn't have game to win this TMC and he never will unless he changes his game. Come closer to baseline, be more aggressive and improve that WTA 2nd serve.
And to answer to a question from your thread title: I don’t feel that I am in a mood for watching Science Fiction heroic epic movies at the moment.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Hello, anybody remember the last time they played, not to long ago in Tokyo?

Ferrer def. Gasquet 6-1 6-2

Now I'm not saying it will be the same this time, but saying Gasquet is to fast for Ferrer is :cuckoo: Have you seen how speedy Ferrer is?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
That new kid (I think his name is Federer or something) seems to show a lot of promise.

Does anyone else feel that Federer might win this years masters cup?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts