Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't think this about male players but Nieminen really makes tennis seem boring to me. I don't know what it is about his game but it's not enjoyable for me to watch.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Then don't watch it. I don't think it's boring at all. Should we all start a thread about players we don't enjoy watching?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Me too :shrug:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
No - I like Nieminen....... and at least he desn't take hours adjusting his clothing between each service point :angel:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
I usually don't think this about male players but Nieminen really makes tennis seem boring to me. I don't know what it is about his game but it's not enjoyable for me to watch.
you are a fan of murray and you talk about boring game?

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
No - I like Nieminen....... and at least he desn't take hours adjusting his clothing between each service point :angel:
Who could you be talking about? :lol:

I find the huge servers more boring. I quite enjoyed Nieminen's match with Kohlschreiber, even if it was somewhat error strewn.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Sharkface does indeed have a shit game to watch, I think it's a lefty thing.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
For me I think it depends who he's up against - he's such a solid, dependable sort of player with very little in the way of "big plays", that he's better to watch when you see him against someone different - a bit flashy, or big serving, etc. Pair him with another similar playing style to himself and it can become a bit samey.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
For me I think it depends who he's up against - he's such a solid, dependable sort of player with very little in the way of "big plays", that he's better to watch when you see him against someone different - a bit flashy, or big serving, etc. Pair him with another similar playing style to himself and it can become a bit samey.
You must be drooling over his match-up with Rafa :lol:

(Not that Rafa can't be flashy.)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Rafa's different hitting style provides something of a contrast.

Failing that, there's always the ass to stare at.

I'll get by ;)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
It's because all Nieminen does is push the ball the whole match.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
I don't find it boring. He gets right into it at times... he's not flashy or over the top, and I can appreciate that in a player. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Does anyone know if he has a coach again now? The last time I paid attention I think he had been working with his father a little.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Simple answer to the thread question is no.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts

Too bad he forgot to believe in himself when he lead Rafa a set and 4-1 in Barcelona.

This is the problem with him, he doesn't have the belief against the better players.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Too bad he forgot to believe in himself when he lead Rafa a set and 4-1 in Barcelona.

This is the problem with him, he doesn't have the belief against the better players.
Good call.

I remember watching that match on livescoring and the Rafa fans absolutely having kittens about the clay court streak.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts