Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think there's any way in hell that Nadal wins another USO but let's say he does.

Will that tie him with Federer?

Currently Federer is still ahead because of

• 6-0 WTF
  • 310-209 weeks at number one
  • much more balanced resume

Discuss.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't think there's any way in hell that Nadal wins another USO but let's say he does.

• 6-0 WTF

Discuss.
36-28 Masters 1000
1-0 Olympics
10-4 & 10-7 vs 4-10 & 6-11 Slams H2H

As for weeks at number one it’s due to Nadal’s many injuries in his prime but he still managed to have 5 year end no.1s just like Federer.

At 20-20-20 it’s very close and whoever takes the lead will have a bigger case. One thing everyone agrees on at this point is that Federer has the least chance to win another slam. Sorry.

·
Registered
233 Posts
36-28 Masters 1000
1-0 Olympics
10-4 & 10-7 vs 4-10 & 6-11 Slams H2H

As for weeks at number one it’s due to Nadal’s many injuries in his prime but he still managed to have 5 year end no.1s just like Federer.

At 20-20-20 it’s very close and whoever takes the lead will have a bigger case. One thing everyone agrees on at this point is that Federer has the least chance to win another slam. Sorry.
so no mentioning of ye finals? and brushing nr1 weeks aside with an ridiculous argument?

is it fedovic fault, that raffa injured himself or withdrew a lot after the clay season?

yeah raffa gaining 2 slams.over fed is in the realm of the possible, then he might have a case. his h2h vs fed might be his strongest argument apart slam count...

but against nole he currently looses almost all tiebrakers... h2h, weeks, masters+yef's,...
2x all slams, 2x all masters,...
just gold is a minor point that goes to rafa currently.

and as of today nole's chances are bigger to pile up on slams AND tiebreakers than both fedals....

so a 21 for raffa would maybe move him from 3rd to 2nd only!

with current state of players outside big3, however, and with a possible slump/injury by nole, even a cygs by raffa in 2022 would be a very long shot, but not completely impossible

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tie? 21>20 no ifs and buts about it. These ifs and buts only matter when 20=20.
It's not ifs or buts, it's facts.

Or are you one of those uneducated tennis fans who think the tennis season consists of 8 weeks?

That's why 21 majors is not enough for Nadull to tie Djokovic but it might be enough to tie Federer.

But probably not.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It's not ifs or buts, it's facts.

Or are you one of those uneducated tennis fans who think the tennis season consists of 8 weeks?

That's why 21 majors is not enough for Nadull to tie Djokovic but it might be enough to tie Federer.

But probably not.

View attachment 367516
How are guys like Connors and Lendl who have almost half the number of slams as Sampras, ahead of him in the GOAT list?

Also how come McEnroe is ahead of Borg?

This list sucks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How are guys like Connors and Lendl who have almost half the number of slams as Sampras, ahead of him in the GOAT list?

This list sucks.
The top 3 is accurate though although Djokovic should be further ahead of Federer now.

More weeks at number one, double career slam, double career Masters, more Masters titles, winning h2h, etc should put him well ahead.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the goat list on ultimatetennisstatistics.com is great, and very adaptable, to anyones taste. just remember it only handles data of open era!

just use other weighing factors (in the quick picks button):

eg. when weighing slam wins higher over overall carreer:

·
Registered
159 Posts

This list sucks.
Borg had a very short career, basically he retired end of 81 when he was 25.
According to her former wife he was cocaine addicted already mid-1981.
McEnroe career was much longer.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Borg had a very short career, basically he retired end of 81 when he was 25.
According to her former wife he was cocaine addicted already mid-1981.
McEnroe career was much longer.
Exactly. Length of career and everything that comes with it should count. Whose fault is it that Borg quit early?
One more slam would not compensate 100+ weeks at #1 and 6 YECs.
Thank God there are some with common sense on this forum.

Reactions: Absolute Serbia

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
No, I think USO + WTF and a few more smaller hard titles would do it though, even then theres the difference in weeks at number 1 though. But thats just my opinion.

If he won the USO and the AO again then I think it would be fair to put him up there beyond Federer.

Reactions: kukuriku and INFJ

·
Registered
413 Posts

• 6-0 WTF

Discuss.

View attachment 367517

It really is interesting because UTS awards 8 GOAT points for each Grand Slam win, with possible additional points for winning 'big matches' in important rounds of slams. So even if RN were to win the US Open, he would still trail RF by at least 50 points despite having one more grand slam, and the same number of YE#1 finishes.

UTS also gives additional points for having streaks and defending titles as well as for winning multiple slams at a stretch. Also, a major factor is the weeks at #1, which gives Novak and Roger a decent separation from Nadal.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
so no mentioning of ye finals? […]
I love it when people try to hide relevant facts that work against their case. Then you don’t need to argue against them anymore, they defeated themselves lol.

That also works the other way though, Djokovic fans should give proper credit to Nadal’s gold medal.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It really is interesting because UTS awards 8 GOAT points for each Grand Slam win, with possible additional points for winning 'big matches' in important rounds of slams. So even if RN were to win the US Open, he would still trail RF by at least 50 points despite having one more grand slam, and the same number of YE#1 finishes.

UTS also gives additional points for having streaks and defending titles as well as for winning multiple slams at a stretch. Also, a major factor is the weeks at #1, which gives Novak and Roger a decent separation from Nadal.
And WTF titles.

Reactions: raxx

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, I think USO + WTF and a few more smaller hard titles would do it though, even then theres the difference in weeks at number 1 though. But thats just my opinion.

If he won the USO and the AO again then I think it would be fair to put him up there beyond Federer.
Aren't you the Fedfan who recently made a thread to give credit to Djokovic though?

If that's the case then you are clearly unbiased and your opinion needs to be taken seriously.
I love it when people try to hide relevant facts that work against their case. Then you don’t need to argue against them anymore, they defeated themselves lol.

That also works the other way though, Djokovic fans should give proper credit to Nadal’s gold medal.
Do you put Olympic gold on par with 5 WTF titles though?!

Reactions: swissmaestro92
1 - 20 of 54 Posts