Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you want to see a Nadal -Djokovic Final at RG?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that one is the greatest clay courter ever and the other is right up there and definitely the 2nd best of the last 5 years, do you want to see them in the final of RG?

Of course they are far and away the best two on the surface and it would probably be the highest quality match.

You might prefer one of them to knock each other out or someone else to, before the final. Probably ending up with a one sided and dull final, that's how I see it. If it's Rafa vs someone else or Novak vs someone else, it'll probably be a 3/4 set damp squib.

Or you might be in the third category, where you're fed up of these two guys clashing, two other or two fresh faces in the final might serve up a cracker.

I know where I stand on this. I want a Novak - Rafa final, not a SF between them two, or a final with two lesser clay courters. For me these two must be there battling it out on 7 June.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
No, there's too much of a chance for Nadal to win. Although Djokovic is the favourite by a country mile, he was last year as well and we all know what happened then...

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Not gonna lie, I do want to see this.
Because Novak would likely win.

Even though I do kind of want Rafa to win, I know that if he doesn't, Federer's legacy is probably safe.

So come on Novak, serve your master and protect his slam record.
It's the one useful thing you could do.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I would rather not. Djokovic's nerves get to him so he plays below par tennis. I would prefer Djokovic wins one RG with a joke draw just like Federer so he can face Nadal next year under fair circumstances.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
No, Nole - Rafa semi and Nole - Fed final is my dream scenario.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Not gonna lie, I do want to see this.
Because Novak would likely win.

Even though I do kind of want Rafa to win, I know that if he doesn't, Federer's legacy is probably safe.

So come on Novak, serve your master and protect his slam record.
It's the one useful thing you could do.
With the opposition Novak has, he will easily overtake the Roger's slam record. Weakest era ever. :sad:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,685 Posts
I want to see Fed/Djokovic Final. Their matches are really high quality.
At RG? Apart from 2011, I don't think Federer has the stuff to match it with Novak over 5, especially if he can't beat Monfils in BO3 or BO5 (DC) format. Of course the scenario where Fed blocks Novak would be hilarious especially if Novak beats Rafa earlier (Although I felt for Soderling who was left to feel like a pawn in the whole process 2009, 2010 - had he beat them in reverse order in the finals...)

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
On the one hand, they are the best clay courters now, so this match should be the final match, the ending of clay court swing. On the other hand, it'd be so hilarious to see Murphy getting in the final and then being murdered in 3/winning after 6 hour grindfest aka Clayray 5.0. But it should be a final really, they deserve it.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I just want to see Novak winning RG. How and who he beats to get there, I don't really care.

Reactions: Master Yoda
1 - 20 of 89 Posts