Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you think usopen hardcourts are SLOWER than previous years ????

• YES, they are slower

Votes: 72 70.6%
  • NO , they are same

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • NO , they are faster

Votes: 3 2.9%
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fed and Fish have already said in their pre-event interviews that they found this years surface much slower than previous years .

now, after watching matches on arthur ashe and grandstand , i STRONGLY feel that they are absolutely right and the courts are significantly slower .

Rafa and Nole couldn't be more ecstatic now .

Moreover , it was the only BIG event left that could be considered fast and now , well , it's a pity

what do you say / feel ??????

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I hear this every tournament. Kids better start practising the art of moonballing if they want to succeed.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Congratulations to Gael Monfils and Caroline Wozniacki on their first moonballing slam titles!

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
It looks a bit slower, nothing too drastic. Still a fast hardcourt :shrug:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
the courts are more slower.......

but after 2007, all courts starts to transforms in more slowers.

wimbledon , become more slower after 2007 and australian open and finally the us open too:sad:

don`t forget the masters cup, much more slower too!!!

in the future, all courts will be equals.

obviusly, this is good for players like nadal or nole

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Much slower, definitely. Great conditions to moonball thru the tournament for some players.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
who cares? You all always obsessed with court speeds. Action Jackson is the worst, he hates courts that are not his favorite speed.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
but what's the point of making it even a little bit slower? Who ever complained the US Open was too fast? I mean shit, #2 won it last year and ND made the finals twice so what's the point of slowing it down. Certainly doesn't help Americans like Fish or Isner. I would imagine even Serena and Maria would prefer a faster surface. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
obviously, it's much much slower than ten years ago......

Nadal would like it....

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
No bias there...

Welcome, to the sport of moonballing till you bore your opponent to death. Congratulations to the ATP for their biggest failure to date. They keep proving me wrong they can't fail more than before.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
but what's the point of making it even a little bit slower? Who ever complained the US Open was too fast?
It may not be deliberate. Screwups happen, you get some events where the courts vary a lot - they resurface just before the event, so if something goes wrong there's no time to correct. Shouldn't happen at the US Open though.

Some comments the outer courts are quicker.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It may not be deliberate. Screwups happen, you get some events where the courts vary a lot - they resurface just before the event, so if something goes wrong there's no time to correct. Shouldn't happen at the US Open though.

Some comments the outer courts are quicker.
Heyy, sorry man , how can there be a difference with the court speeds within the tournament ??? i don't get that

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Heyy, sorry man , how can there be a difference with the court speeds within the tournament ??? i don't get that
I'm really not sure, tbh, but it's something you hear quite often. There were a lot of player comments at Cincinnati on the same topic.

My best guess is the weather on the day the court surface was laid/drying out? No idea if that's plausible though. Or possibly just an old fashioned ****-up.

·
Your visions will happen
50,145 Posts
Blah blah blah the courts are slower, favors Nadal and Djokovic, blah blah blah.

Who cares? The best players will win regardless of court speed.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts