·
Registered
2,805 Posts
No.

They should all just remember and enjoy what they've accomplished individually

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
If anything they should be angry at themselves for not doing better. And who knows, Stan could still improve on his count. After his AO win people also thought it was a fluke and he would be a one slam wonder. And we all know what happened after that :).

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Why would they be, they know he's more talented.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
No they are grown men with $$ and not petty online tennis gurus.

Reactions: Mimi and Kip

·
Registered
17,845 Posts
Safin only has himself to blame. For everyone else, it is/was out of their hands and they should be grateful for what they have accomplished.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
They are more accomplished players but Stanimal still has 2 slams.
No because Murray for example is a better more CONSISTENT player. With an overall superior resume.

Even if Wawrinka ends with four slams. Murray is better in my book. There is an American called JIM COURIER. He did what Wawrinka has done TWICE. TWO AUSSIE OPENS. TWO FRENCH OPENS.

Do you ever hear anyone singing his praises and talking him up as great? NOPE! Because he didn't have any LONGEVITY. He shone for a 3 year period then was GONE!

ENDED WITH
4 SLAMS
23 CAREER TITLES
58 WEEKS AS WORLD NUMBER ONE

THATS TWICE AS MUCH AS WAWRINKA HAS ACHIEVED. And Wawrinka will never be world number one.

Wawrinka is a SIMILAR kind of player. The only difference is he is doing it at the END of his career. COURIER did it at THE START of his.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No because Murray for example is a far better more CONSISTENT player.

Even if Wawrinka ends with four slams. Murray is better in my book. There is an American called JIM COURIER. He did what Wawrinka has done TWICE. TWO AUSSIE OPENS. TWO FRENCH OPENS.

Do you ever hear anyone singing his praises and talking him up as great? NOPE! Because he didn't have any LONGEVITY. He shone for a 3 year period then was GONE!

Wawrinka is a SIMILAR kind of player. The only difference is he is doing it at the END of his career. COURIER did it at THE START of his.
Comparing the Stanimal to Jim Courier...two totally different careers.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Comparing the Stanimal to Jim Courier...two totally different careers.

In what respect? I'm talking about level of achievement and impact of longevity. Wawrinka won't be any kind of force beyond 2016. The most he will finish with is 4 slams.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
No, why should they :facepalm:

At the end of the day, they are all better players and have accomplished more. Tennis is not about slams only :smash:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Really arsenallex? Roddick is a better player than stan? Are you kidding? Even murray as I saied many times before, he s a consistent player, talented in his way but all he won ,he won because of his amazing defence and speed not because he has amazing offence or because he plays a beautifull brand of tenis...while with safin I might agree he really was a gifted player ...i get it that wawa fans should be humble...but this is just bullshit...rodick was in no way shape or form a better player than stan...he had more will to win but as talent he s far under wawrinka

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
And wtf ..why are there so many threads downgrading stan s achievments? The guy fucking worked his ass of to get where he is and he s one hell of a player ..so why all the doubts and hate on a humble guy like him?

·
Administrator
18,629 Posts
Well peak Stan is world class, but as I said it's not about slams. Seriously you cannot consider Stan a great, he has had a pretty bad career before 2014, and he struggles to beat anyone in best of three

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Well peak Stan is world class, but as I said it's not about slams. Seriously you cannot consider Stan a great, he has had a pretty bad career before 2014, and he struggles to beat anyone in best of three
EXACTLY!

Wawrinka needs 25 more titles including 9 more masters 2 more slams before I will say he is BETTER than MURRAY. Andy had one of the greatest 12 month runs of ALLTIME.

ANDY HAS
OLYMPIC GOLD
USO
WIMBLEDON.
10 MASTERS
34 career titles
6 SLAM FINALS

WAWRINKA HAS
AUSSIE OPEN
FRENCH OPEN
1 MASTERS
10 career titles. He is not even in the discussion yet.

MURRAY, HEWITT, SAFIN and even RODDICK have better TOTAL RESUMES.

Reactions: TheEndIsNear

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
wawrinka is ten times the player of those clowns combined. they should be happy they are mentioned in the same ranks as him.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
To be honest, they probably don't give a damn.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Duck is still thanking Nalbandian for beating Federer at US Open, otherwise he wouldn't have any slam. And all of them are still more accomplished players than Stan, not everything is about slams.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
No because Murray for example is a better more CONSISTENT player. With an overall superior resume.

ENDED WITH
4 SLAMS
23 CAREER TITLES
58 WEEKS AS WORLD NUMBER ONE

THATS TWICE AS MUCH AS WAWRINKA HAS ACHIEVED. And Wawrinka will never be world number one.

Murray will also be forgotten in less than 2 years after he retires. Also, Murray is better in your book because he's British.

I wouldn't say they should be angry, sure Roddick and Safin had potential(Murray overachieved)but Wawrinka has it too.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Only dumb and bitter fans of the other players are angry that Stan has 2 slams. He earned both of them with offensive shotmaking.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts