Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
completing a career Slam at RG? I don't. I think Nadal and Henin will win yet again this year.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
sharapova moves on clay like an elephant
lindsay, zero chance
federer has more chances, Nadal permitting

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
Federer will probably win Roland Garros
as Sharapova is still very young she imo will win at least once in Paris as well
Davenport no

but Federer might have the best chances out of these 3

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Lindsay won't - she hates clay and is missing the European clay season

Sharapova is a possible. Dont think she has actually won a WTA title on clay yet either

Federer - getting closer every year. Very possible

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Best shot for federer, however i want him to have in his side of the draw, nalbandian, and davydenko and someother clay experts:)

Reactions: Burrow

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Best shot for Sharapova. Still young, still improving. Probably played the tennis of her career at the Australian Open. Having said that, someone would have to take Henin out, because she's a monster on clay and the overwhelming favourite to win again this year.

Davenport has never been great on clay and she's getting old.

I'm a MASSIVE Federer fan, but I no longer think he's likely to win RG. If we look at the last 6-12 months of Federers career, it appears that he's starting to rely increasingly on his serve and shot making than on overall superior play from the baseline. Against great baseliners you no longer feel that Roger has the upper hand once the rally gets going. You did that previously against anyone but Nadal. On clay baseline stability is more important than on any other surface. I see quite a few players who could trouble Federer at Roland Garros, who wouldn't previously have gotten close to him. But of course, if JesusFed turns up, he beats everyone - even on clay.

·
Registered
26,832 Posts
sharapova moves on clay like an elephant
lindsay, zero chance
federer has more chances, Nadal permitting
lindsay has no chances, agreed :)

fed is over his highest, so i think he has a slim one :p

and maria is not only young, but improving her game, so, among these three she is the one who is likely to win RG too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Henin will hold onto RG but I think a newbie will win it if Henin doesn't, I'm not at all confident Charapova and Lindsay can win RG.

Federer...... please win RG!

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Lindsay's chances are slim to none, Sharapovas aren't any better unless, if Henin loses early and somehow Sharapova makes it to the final; her mentality and determination would will her to win the title should Henin not be in the final.

Federer's chances are pretty good actually especially if by a miracle Nadal happens to lose before or not make the final. Federer will be playing a lot on clay according to his planned spring schedule, he should be going into Roland match ready and with a lot of clay court matches behind him, so he'l have excellent chances of making the final at least. There aren't many great clay court players lately, Guga is no where near what he used to be, Ferrero is still a force but Federer has beaten him recently on clay, Ferrer is actually better on hard, but his grinding game would frustrate an off-form Roger. We'l see. ;)

Oh I totally forgot, Federer would almost have a heart attack should an in-form Nalbandian be in his draw again.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Lindsay's chance is none. Sharapova's chance is slim to none and Federer's chance is average to slim.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Federer will probably win Roland Garros
as Sharapova is still very young she imo will win at least once in Paris as well
Davenport no

but Federer might have the best chances out of these 3
haha

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Sharapova moves with the fluidity of a constipated elephant on ice skates when it comes to playing on clay.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Lindsay is done.

Federer may or may not, who knows

Sharapova still too young, maybe

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm a MASSIVE Federer fan, but I no longer think he's likely to win RG. If we look at the last 6-12 months of Federers career, it appears that he's starting to rely increasingly on his serve and shot making than on overall superior play from the baseline.
But if he wants to beat Nadal on clay should they meet again, he NEEDS to rely more on his serve and shot-making (if by shot-making you mean net play, etc.) other than baseline rallies, because he seems quite determined to duke it out with Rafa on the baseline in previous years, and it hasn't worked out for him?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Obviously Lindsay has 0% chance for reasons that have already been stated.
I personally don't think that either Federer or Sharapova will be able to claim that elusive RG title during their careers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts