• Yes

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 68 66.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
I hope he does, hes just a bystander in the event who is no threat at all. He would be lucky to qualify for the knock out stage (unless he gets lucky with the draw, haven't looked at that yet). Let someone who is going to make a push like Nalbandian get in there instead, Roddick has no chance what so ever against 50% of the lineup in this event.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Yes! Andy please do that :p :lol:

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Geez I hope he will , I am not sure about his form but last eyar he didn't played much in Europe as well and gave Roger hell of match , 100% Roddick can beat Gonzo, Gasqet, Ferrer, Rafa and Davydenko and even Djoko on such a fast surface so I wouldn't count him out so easily , with UsOpen form he can easily make SF or something

but what is more important he needs match practice and what's better place fot that than TMC with Top8 in and he his up to play at least 3 matches against top players

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
I hope either Roddick or Davydenko to withdraw (maybe Davy is unlikely to withdraw..) if Nalbandian wins Paris.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Federer would certainly be happier to see Roddick in Shangai rather than Nalbandian.
Before Madrid, Federer had beaten Nalbandian eight times in their previous nine meetings!

So I don't think Nalbandian gives Federer too many sleepless nights, me thinks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hope either Roddick or Davydenko to withdraw (maybe Davy is unlikely to withdraw..) if Nalbandian wins Paris.
Davydenko withdraw?

Are you having a laugh? This is man who wouldn't miss a week of tennis if it bit him on the bum!

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Davydenko withdraw?

Are you having a laugh? This is man who wouldn't miss a week of tennis if it bit him on the bum!
Yeah probably you're right, it's my wishful thinking.
But he's been doing poor recently. So at least I wish he withdrew after 1028947786 DFs in one round match.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Before Madrid, Federer had beaten Nalbandian eight times in their previous nine meetings!

So I don't think Nalbandian gives Federer too many sleepless nights, me thinks!
Nalbandian has won his last two meetings against Federer, whereas Roddick has won exactly 3 of the last 28 sets he's played against Federer. I'm pretty sure Federer would rather see Roddick in Shanghai. :)

But I hope Roddick skips the TMC. Even though I'm a Federer fan, I'd rather see Nalbandian in Shanghai. He's sure to make the tournament more interesting than Roddick.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Geez I hope he will , I am not sure about his form but last eyar he didn't played much in Europe as well and gave Roger hell of match , 100% Roddick can beat Gonzo, Gasqet, Ferrer, Rafa and Davydenko and even Djoko on such a fast surfaceso I wouldn't count him out so easily , with UsOpen form he can easily make SF or something

but what is more important he needs match practice and what's better place fot that than TMC with Top8 in and he his up to play at least 3 matches against top players
In the mind of a retarded fan (read: you) maybe, but in practice he loses to these players more often than not on grass (Gasquet - wimbledon), slow hardcourt (Nadal - IW, Ferrer - Miami), medium-paced hardcourt (Djokovic - Montreal), and lightening-quick hardcourt (Ferrer - Cincy).

Roddick is useless against top players.

I hope he shows up because he earned the points so he deserves it, but he will not have any impact on the tournament even if he does show up.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts