Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa is injured.. He wants to watch Spain in World cup and matches are played when Europe is sleeping.. He doesn't have points to defend since his outstanding performance last year... Djokovic and Murray will want to win very bad while Rafa seems not to care about Wimbledon after winning 2..

Do you think Rafa will still play Wimbledon?

Discuss?

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
calm down, he is fine despite losing in 1st round of Halle. He will play wimby ;)

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
He will but I doubt he will be full on committed or disappointed when he loses.
His serve has deteriorated and on grass it shows the most.
Generally his level has dropped a lot and only on clay he can overcome it.
I mean grass is not even worth it anymore - 3-4 weeks, dodgy surface, people try not to fall more than try to play tennis, servebots - you can't just receive 5 m behind to start a rally.
Good thing is the grass season is short as are the matches themselves. The most ugliest part of the season. People falling all the time and getting injured, one-two shot points - total travesty.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
calm down, he is fine despite losing in 1st round of Halle. He will play wimby ;)
I am very calmed down I am asking genuine questions.. Rafa just won RG I am still celebrating this.. :worship:

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
Rafa should not be skipping Wimbledon. If he does, he just forfeits the number 1 position in the world. That's not the face of a champion despite winning 9 RGs. He needs to fight, if that's what the world wants to see in him.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He will but I doubt he will be full on committed or disappointed when he loses.
His serve has deteriorated and on grass it shows the most.
Generally his level has dropped a lot and only on clay he can overcome it.
I mean grass is not even worth it anymore - 3-4 weeks, dodgy surface, people try not to fall more than try to play tennis, servebots - you can't just receive 5 m behind to start a rally.
Good thing is the grass season is short as are the matches themselves. The most ugliest part of the season. People falling all the time and getting injured, one-two shot points - total travesty.
How can yo hate Wimbledon? It has become so random though lately.. Not enough time between Roland Garros and Wimbledon dont let players prepare well..

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
How can yo hate Wimbledon? It has become so random though lately.. Not enough time between Roland Garros and Wimbledon dont let players prepare well..
I gust saw several people falling and getting injured it is only the first week of the grass season. Last year W was a disaster with regard to injuries and retirements. Add to this the endless unreturned serves, waiting for number of games just to see one decent rally.
Add the non-stop interruption for rain. No, thank you.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
I gust saw several people falling and getting injured it is only the first week of the grass season. Last year W was a disaster with regard to injuries and retirements. Add to this the endless unreturned serves, waiting for number of games just to see one decent rally.
Add the non-stop interruption for rain
. No, thank you.
Since when have you been watching tennis? Wimbledon has always been like this, fast paced and British weather...:confused:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Wimby is ok but grass as a surface is sub par.
Tennis is fluky and dominated by servebots with no skill needed.

If us Brits were not so traditionalists - Wimby would have turned to clay long back - it just makes sense.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I am very calmed down I am asking genuine questions.. Rafa just won RG I am still celebrating this.. :worship:
Rafa isnt injured, can you stop with this nosense? the only big-4 who is close to injury (although not properly injured atm) is murray.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Rafa isnt injured, can you stop with this nosense? the only big-4 who is close to injury (although not properly injured atm) is murray.
Wrong. Rafa cannot bend down properly on the grass. This has been apparent to anyone since 2012.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
of course he will play wimbledon, even if he will loose early

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Wrong. Rafa cannot bend down properly on the grass. This has been apparent to anyone since 2012.
But this isnt a real injury to make him skip wimbledon...

·
Registered
189 Posts
But this isnt a real injury to make him skip wimbledon...
But it may force him to skip some non-tennis activities.

On a serious note, I was surprised he played Halle, it sends a signal that he is determined to play and do well at Wimbledon. Also I wouldn't be so disappointed with yesterday's defeat if I were a Rafa fan, he was rusty and tired but still produced some nice tennis.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Rafa is injured.. He wants to watch Spain in World cup and matches are played when Europe is sleeping.. He doesn't have points to defend since his outstanding performance last year... Djokovic and Murray will want to win very bad while Rafa seems not to care about Wimbledon after winning 2..

Do you think Rafa will still play Wimbledon?

Discuss?
MTF level has gone to a historic all time low. Rafa is going to skip Wimbledon to watch Spain? Jeez what an absolute joke of a post, most of the matches aren't even when Europe are sleeping anyway ffs.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
MTF level has gone to a historic all time low. Rafa is going to skip Wimbledon to watch Spain? Jeez what an absolute joke of a post, most of the matches aren't even when Europe are sleeping anyway ffs.
she is a rafa fans, just getting nervous after seeing him losing in 1st round i guess :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts