Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 27 41.5%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal had Djokovic at net and could of driven a bus into the space that was provided for the winner down the line to go 40-15 up. He was serving will a lot of pace at this point and would have gone 5-2 up, and then won.

Do you think the miss will taint Rafael Nadals career?

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
This is not the Miss of his career.

Federer is his Miss.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not sure about the career issue, but that point will affect the relationship between his uncles Toni and Miguel for sure :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was a daft shot to make at a crucial time but even then would have taken him to 40-15 so we really don't know what would have happened next and we never will. That one shot will not taint his career. What might slightly take the shine off him will be if he never finds the answer to Novak but we will know that when he retires.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Taint is the wrong word I think but it was certainly a massive and inexplicable miss that probably cost him the match.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
nole's 40:0 on nadal's serve in the 4th is even worse.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
he choked. when the the moment was right there to be seized, he shit in his shorts.

bottom line: yes nole hung in there long enough because he knew that nadal was going to choke sooner or later but this was clearly a gift that a nadal of old would have never made it happen. he gifted the match to nole when he failed to hold serve after securing the advantage of 4-2 in the final.

all he had to take is take care of his serve and then he has 2 chances to seal the deal. and all the pressure would have been on the other side of the net.

nadal the merciful. nole will just keep on taking those gifts as he should.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts