Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Nadal break the all time record for most years with 1 slam?

• Yeah he will do it

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Nah he will trip up

Votes: 38 42.7%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He only has to nab 1 slam next year to equal Federers 8 years in a row 03-10.

Do you think he can get the all time record?

Even if hes in decline and doesnt win too many more slams I think this is one record he could really target.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
He'll be the favourite at RG unless someone dethrones him, so yes, I think he can make it. It won't be as easy as some may think though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I predict he will at least win the next 6 French Opens. That means he'll easily break the record.

·
Registered
638 Posts
nadull isn't winning any GS next year:cool:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't think he'll ever win a Slam again so my answer is no :(

But winning a Slam 7 years in a row is a great achievement :eek:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If he's healthy for the French Open, then yes.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
He's too good not to win a slam in both of the next two years.

He's the best clay player.
Arguably the best grass player.
Second best hardcourter.

He'll pick up at least 2/8

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Yes.

I don't see anyone besides Djokovic actually beating a decent Nadal at Roland Garros. Even if he does lose at Roland Garros I don't see him not winning another slam that year.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
in slams, yes. Only Djokovic is above him.
He didn't even play Federer in a hardcourtslam. and Federer was a lot closer to beating Djokovic than Nadal was to beating djokovic. I rate Federers chances higher in a hardcourt slam than Nadals.

If I make up some numbers which I feel are about fair:) I would give nadal about 55-65 percent to win RG, now Djokovic has a clear edge against him. he could very well win AO or WIM but isn't the biggest of favorites there (more like 2-4th). I would give him in total 80% to win one this year and 70% to win one next year, making it about 55% he beats the record.

Would be a really impressive achievement if he gets the record!:worship:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
He didn't even play Federer in a hardcourtslam. and Federer was a lot closer to beating Djokovic than Nadal was to beating djokovic. I rate Federers chances higher in a hardcourt slam than Nadals.

If I make up some numbers which I feel are about fair:) I would give nadal about 55-65 percent to win RG, now Djokovic has a clear edge against him. he could very well win AO or WIM but isn't the biggest of favorites there (more like 2-4th). I would give him in total 80% to win one this year and 70% to win one next year, making it about 55% he beats the record.

Would be a really impressive achievement if he gets the record!:worship:
AO 2009? :shrug:

It is absolutely doable but it is not that important of a record.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I believe in him, he can do it.

Of course, looking down at the players in my sig, my belief in him can only be a curse.

Score.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Obviously his best chance to do it is at Roland Garros, which I think he'll win barring injury. I think the Australian Open is his next best chance depending on how Novak goes with his recovery. If Djokovic isn't 100%, Nadal has as much chance to win it as anyone. Wimbledon is his next best chance, however I give Djokovic and Federer equal chances of winning at the All England Club.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
I wouldn't consider him a top5 hardcourt player but I guess Nadulltardism sees it differently.
Yes, there are at least five players with two hardcourt slams and a final.

Your blind hatred is too obvious. The only players that even have a case, are Fed and Murray. We saw what Rafa did to Andy at the US Open, plus he has infinitely more hardcourt slams than Murray.

And Federer doesn't stand a very good chance IMO to win three sets on an outdoor hardcourt in a slam, even if Rafa is on his 'average' 2011 level. It'll look like Miami all over again.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts