• I think its about the same

Votes: 4 30.8%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im split on this one.

It seems men are more judgemental about weight perhaps. Like its okay for a guy to have a gut but a girl not so much so.

On the other hand, I have often been rejected by girls who obviously flat out feel they are out of my league. I might not be very hot but theres nothing outstandingly wrong with me. I feel guys dont do this as much if an average girl talks to them, unless they feel they arent their type.

It is said guys are more shallow.

It is said girls have unrealistic expectations.

Some girls have high expectations but seem to settle more often than not for someone who is quite rugged and whilst exciting, seems to contradict what they often say they look for in guys.

How do you see it?

This is not a question of shallowness per say, though that does come into it. Just who expects more in certain ways and why.

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
Men have higher physical standards a priori, but they'll settle for decent in a heartbeat.

Otherwise women have higher standards.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
I'll settle for anything from any species.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if it didnt have a pulse anymore?

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
You always take it too far mate.

·
Premium Member
20,683 Posts
men have standards? :spit:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Not sure about standards, but if it comes to "expectations" I would say women are a lot more strict about it.

A lot more strict about preferring a taller man, one that's in good shape, good income, etc.

I remember seeing a woman that was heavier than her mate dump him because she thought she could get a better looking man. Not sure wth she was thinking because it's not like she was a model herself.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Not sure about standards, but if it comes to "expectations" I would say women are a lot more strict about it.

A lot more strict about preferring a taller man, one that's in good shape, good income, etc.

I remember seeing a woman that was heavier than her mate dump him because she thought she could get a better looking man. Not sure wth she was thinking because it's not like she was a model herself.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,683 Posts

I remember hearing about men cheating on their MODEL girlfriends/wives (usually with some much plainer chick) about a million times (Billy Joel, Tiger Woods, etc), so it's clear that being 'physically perfect' isn't really relevant. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yeah, once a few years ago I met up with a girl and it went so so.

I later found out she told our mutual friend she didnt consider me because "whoever she dates must be taller than her".

Im about 5'8 shes about 5'7.

I mean what the fuck? If guys were that openly shallow..look out.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
I can't stand women who don't even consider some guys because they are not tall enough.(even if the guy is taller than her). So dumb.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
I would say women because they rate personality first. Therefore, women are also more cautious when it comes to choose a partner for a relationship, which isn't a bad thing after all. This is because women can get pregnant and have to trust their partner to stick with her.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
On the other hand, I have often been rejected by girls who obviously flat out feel they are out of my league.
In which direction? Above or below your league? I've heard girls even reject you when she thinks YOU are to high for her.

Some girls have high expectations but seem to settle more often than not for someone who is quite rugged and whilst exciting, seems to contradict what they often say they look for in guys.
what they say = logic
what they feel = emotion

emotion > logic (for women)

Hope that explains it for you.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
It all depends on the culture and the personality.
As far as physical appareance goes, it also depends on cultural influences. See women in Mauritania ie, where forced feeding is practiced for aesthetic reasons.

what they say = logic
what they feel = emotion

Yes, of course, because women are by default just overly emotional, overly hormonal, silly dependant creatures that must rely on the aid of the superior, dominant, logical males to make it through life. :awww:

Join the rest of us in the 21st century some time soon.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Basically standards cannot be generalised between men and women, and just depends on the person rather than their gender. A bit like pretty much everything.

In which direction? Above or below your league? I've heard girls even reject you when she thinks YOU are to high for her.

what they say = logic
what they feel = emotion

Having said that, this man is a legend. The rest of us should just shut up and take notes.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
If I had 1% of Bilbo's sex brain I'd be having sex 24/7

1 - 20 of 36 Posts