Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
I don't know I guess only time will tell. Ball could have had a higher ranking imo if he got a new coach when he was at the top. With Nishikori we have to wait and see.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
#@@#
Kei Nishikori is the real deal, he`ll certainly become a consistant Top-#30 player!!

<>ability wise Nishikori can be Top-#10, but we still don`t know how strong he`s going to be mentally!
also the Japanese media are relentless, if & when Nishikori approaches the top i can just immagine the weight of a nation stressing him out! >>remember Japan`s always desperate to have a hero, especially in men`s tennis.

anyway i`m going to go out on a limb & say Nishikori is going to break the Top-#10 & be more consistant than Paradorn was!

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
#@@#
Kei Nishikori is the real deal, he`ll certainly become a consistant Top-#30 player!!

<>ability wise Nishikori can be Top-#10, but we still don`t know how strong he`s going to be mentally!
also the Japanese media are relentless, if & when Nishikori approaches the top i can just immagine the weight of a nation stressing him out! >>remember Japan`s always desperate to have a hero, especially in men`s tennis.

anyway i`m going to go out on a limb & say Nishikori is going to break the Top-#10 & be more consistant than Paradorn was!

^¬^¬^¬^ I think you should rename your great thread as ^¬^¬^¬^
^¬^¬^¬^ "Japanese tennis is not longer a joke thanks to Kei" ^¬^¬^¬^

·
12,245 Posts
Paradorn's inconsistency had a lot to do with injuries and his ill advised decision not to get a good coach who could take him to the next level. For the latter he was heavily criticised ind the Thai media.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
^¬^¬^¬^ I think you should rename your great thread as ^¬^¬^¬^
^¬^¬^¬^ "Japanese tennis is not longer a joke thanks to Kei" ^¬^¬^¬^

:wavey:
:devil:
good point;)
<>~%0o0%~<>
...yes it`s great to see a Japanese male tennis player making some noise:cool:
***honestly, i`d be very happy to see Nishikori go onto superstardem & perhaps even go deep @ a slam sometime:angel:

·
MONSOON season.
82,479 Posts
What I saw from him in the Dallas Challenger was highly uninspiring and I don't think he can reach Top 10. But then again, I didn't see him during his title run.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
still...

Ryoma Echizen aka the Prince of tennis >>>>> Paradorn >>>> Kei

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Can someone explain why Paradorn is being used as a measuring stick for Nishikori's potential? :scratch: What do they have in common that makes the comparison valid?
Apart from both being Asian tennis players, they both represent Asia in the world of tennis :)

Paradorn was really inspiring and made a big impact when he was at his best. I really thought he could have exceeded no.9 back then, still its such a great achievement.

As for Kei, i think too early to tell. But I certainly hope he can.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
it always suprises me that paradorn got to the top 10, but i think nishikore has the potential to be better. he is capable of getting points on that funny red stuff that paradorn never quite got the hand of

·
12,245 Posts
Paradorn's rise wasn't surprising considering who he was beating in the first year, secondly he was consistent in winning small tournaments and going deep in gs and masters events. Actually, he could have done much better than he did. I don't think there were any clay courts and I don't think there are many now in Thailand( nong pomnok, the thread starter can give a better answer on this subject)when Ball was starting his career.I don't think playing well on clay has hampered the likes of Blake, whose game in my opinion is not even half as good Paradorn's, but who has been in the top 10 for awhile.
What hampered Ball, in my opinion was his ill advised refusal to get a top notch farang coach to hone his defensive skills, someone like Stefanki who has helped Gonzalez with his skills.
As for Nikishori only time will tell. We cannot judge on the basis of one tournament. Let us see how well does this year before even speaking him in the same breath as Paradorn. I don't mean that disrespectfully at all, but as the English saying goes, "one swallow does not a summer make" or something like that.
However, I wish Kei welland hope he confirms his potential and makes himself and his fans happy.
I also hope that Ball comes back to the top twenty which he is ver capable of doing.
Choke dee na to both.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Can someone explain why Paradorn is being used as a measuring stick for Nishikori's potential? :scratch: What do they have in common that makes the comparison valid?
I was gonna ask exactly the same question.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think Kei has the potential to break the Top10. So much competetion though. He's young and has shown his ability at Delray Beach. Its a waiting game..........

·
12,245 Posts
I was gonna ask exactly the same question.
It's obvious that the thread starter being a Thai I presume feels that comparing Nishikori to Paradon has some relevance. The obvious one being that they are both from Asia, and there has been a dearth of Asian tennis players in the top echelon of the game. For me it's an interesting question but if you don't see the relevance then don't post. It's simple as that.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts