Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fatigue from it, do you think his aerobic system has had time to fully recover yet?

·
A happy person
44,893 Posts
Well I really hope his body forgot that match already. :lol: Btw he has had huge summer in this year, he must be fatigued. He played 24 matches since Wimbledon. 19 of them in US Open Series.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
His body? Yes. His mind? Doubt it.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Should i answer seriously to this question?

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Boom... just when you think 2003 has lost a bit of his mojo... his pzaz... he comes out and shocks MTF with a gem of a thread... well done mate, your efforts have been noted...

Reactions: Ouragan

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
toooop notch thread

he's probly still cramping at night because of it... it just never goes away. never

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
I have to say, I was walking yesterday, and my legs felt a bit tired. Then I realized, I played a football match about three years ago.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Why yes. I do think that. But only because Big John's body is regenerating supernaturally fast, similar to Clairebear on Heroes :bowdown:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
who never?

For a guy who's 6"9... that's tough

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
They didnt show this on tv but after the match Mahut broke his legs. He's been recovering from that ever since :sad:

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
No.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
he seems ok in spirit, but he does struggle physically in the middle of matches. I think mahut lost a lot of nights of sleep from it but his new kid will wash it all away.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/09/35/US-Open-Diary-Friday.aspx

Marathon Man Isner Likes US Open Fifth Set Tie-Break

John Isner holds the record for winning the longest-ever tennis match, when he defeated Nicolas Mahut 70-68 in the fifth set after 11 hours and five minutes over the course of three days at Wimbledon last year. So it is no surprise that the American enjoys the fifth-set tie-break rule in operation at the US Open.

“To be honest, I like the tie-breaker, because if it goes to a fifth set and it happens to go down to a tie-breaker I like my chances, especially with my serve,” said Isner, who has the fifth-best all-time record in tie-breaks according to the FedEx ATP Reliability Index. “I beat Andy [Roddick] a couple years ago in a fifth set tie-breaker.”

Despite his superhuman effort at Wimbledon last year, Isner would not like to see the fifth-set tie-break rule brought in at the other Grand Slams.

“I don't think anything should change,” said Isner. “In my opinion I think Wimbledon is the one tournament that it can go on for a long time, obviously. (Laughter.) But in Australia, it's pretty hot down there, so you don't see five-set matches last too long, nothing into the 20s or anything like that. French Open is a different surface. No, I just think it shouldn't change.”

Mrs. Mahut’s Marathon Labour

During ESPN2’s coverage of Nicolas Mahut’s defeat to Rafael Nadal, Australian commentator Darren Cahill had an anecdote to share about the birth of Mahut’s son a few weeks ago. “She was in labour for 13 hours and she said to Mahut: ‘Now I know what it was like to be you playing John [Isner].' ” :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts