Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Margaret Court holds the record for most amount of Grand Slam singles, at 24. Do you think Federer will fall short of this number, equal it, or surpass it?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Henin has a much better all court game, he will never be able to beat her.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
He already has 50-something.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Seriously, the Margaret Court record will never be beaten. 24 GS titles is the equivalent of winning the Grand Slam 6 years in a row. Can't be done. Only reason why Court managed that many titles is because the Australian Open was a bit of a Minnie Mouse event at the time where she won it each and every year.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Margaret Court holds the record for most amount of Grand Slam singles, at 24. Do you think Federer will fall short of this number, equal it, or surpass it?
His gonna surpass Pete's and then i believe his goal maybe Margaret Courts if he hasnt won a French b4 that!!The Guy is a GOD,UNSTOPPABLE,only time will tell but his got alot of it on his side!!But the main reason will be Injuries which he has been blessed with,if there's no major injuries then i cant see no reason why anything can stop this Freight Train broke all kind of records,geez sounds abit like Tiger Woods!!

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Seriously, the Margaret Court record will never be beaten. 24 GS titles is the equivalent of winning the Grand Slam 6 years in a row. Can't be done. Only reason why Court managed that many titles is because the Australian Open was a bit of a Minnie Mouse event at the time where she won it each and every year.
We havent had a Roger Federer b4 champ!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think Roger is the best but I still can't see him capturing this record. THe womans tour has much higher records because of less depth. THe benchmark anyway is Grafs 22 as Court managed 11 of her 24 at Australia where they basically just had to give her the trophy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Roger is the best but I still can't see him capturing this record. THe womans tour has much higher records because of less depth. THe benchmark anyway is Grafs 22 as Court managed 11 of her 24 at Australia where they basically just had to give her the trophy.
I'm so sick of that excuse. Margaret beat palyers like Goolagong, Bueno and in her AO wins. Besides, a lot of Graf's wins were coming in Seles' absence, who had her number up until then, with a 3-1 lead in Slam finals.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
:lol: The day Federer overtakes Courts GS record is the day Blake learns how to construct a point.

Reactions: Monteque

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
just 12 left???
It's so damn easy for him.:rolleyes:
I think when he finally to do that, Nalbandian would have 12 GS titles

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Here we go again... wel a serious reply from me this time. Seems impossible and is almost, Almost because if he wins 4 in 2008 wich is already not very likely he would be on 16 @ 27years... 8 to go wel 6 till he's 30 and then another 3... Al these things can be done Laver won 4 in a row, Agassi won multiple slams when he was 30+years. But he has to make three almost impossible streaks. Can't permit an injury, always has to be motivated.... Wouldn't bet a dollar on it!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I know that someone will write that Margaret grand slam titles in home (Australia) were because it was the weakest grand slam. But weark or not it is a grand slam and she had 24 titles
Margaret :hatoff:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well, he's at 12 at age 25/26 so it's def possible. I think his 1st goal is 14 and/or French title. If Roger plays until he's 33, I say YES. He would need to average 2 a year. But I think 1 calendar slam is required.

·
Registered
70,026 Posts
I'm so sick of that excuse. Margaret beat palyers like Goolagong, Bueno and in her AO wins. Besides, a lot of Graf's wins were coming in Seles' absence, who had her number up until then, with a 3-1 lead in Slam finals.
It's not an excuse, it's the truth. The Australian Open was a weak event and she wouldn't have won so many titles if more players had travelled there to play it. That is why no tennis commentators ever place her up there with Evert, Graf, Navratilova.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
I highly doubt he will win 24 majors!

However, it seems possible that he could win 18, the number reached by Evert and Navratilova (and, incidentally, the number won by Jack Nicklaus, who his friend Tiger is trying to match). That in itself would be quite extraordinary.

Reactions: Mimi
1 - 20 of 31 Posts