Mens Tennis Forums banner

Do you think draws are ever rigged?

1 - 20 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Re: About the "rigged draws"

Nadal has faced too many rigged draw over the years, this is simple payback time.

Reactions: born_on_clay

·
Registered
7,266 Posts

Also if Nadal was still number 2, it would mean that the last 4 draws would have Djokovic in his half. Rafa overcame it, so move on. See you next tuesday.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

Djokovic on Fed / Nadal's half:

AO - Fed
FO - Nadal
W - Fed
US- Fed

AO - Fed
FO - Fed

Discuss
AO Seed 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4
FO Seed 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
W Seed 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4
US Seed 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3

AO Seed 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
FO Seed 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4

:shrug:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts

AO - Fed
FO - Nadal
W - Fed
US- Fed

AO - Fed
FO - Fed

Discuss
Nole has been ranked either 3 or 4 and Rafa/Fed 1&2 during this time. Regarding that, I get the chance for exactly 1 Nole vs Fed out of 6 opportunities to 6/64=9,4%. Far from a significant indication that the draws are rigged.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Nadal has faced too many rigged draw over the years, this is simple payback time.
I hope you mean rigged draws as in: way to easy to make it to the final...

Nadal has been given some EASY draws in the last few years.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts

I hope you mean rigged draws as in: way to easy to make it to the final...

Nadal has been given some EASY draws in the last few years.
Define easy... with concrete evidence... or else your statement is insignificant.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts

well done nole, strategically losing your rank to the haggis has paid off :yeah:

·
Registered
586 Posts

Therefore Rafa has the harder QF

However, rigged or not...I prefer a Nadal djokovic SF, but maybe next time

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Define easy... with concrete evidence... or else your statement is insignificant.
Part easy draws, part luck in the real opponents are off form/lose early. Check out his hard court route to the semis last year....

US Open 2008: Phau, DeHeart, Troicki, Querrey, Fish
Aus Open 2008: Troicki, Serra, Simon (before he was any good), PHM, Nieminen

·
Registered
278 Posts

AO - Fed
FO - Nadal
W - Fed
US- Fed

AO - Fed
FO - Fed

Discuss

But in the 2008 US Open, for example, the bigger threat at that time was Murray compared to Novak. Murray was in Nadal's half. It would have been easier for Nadal to get Novak at that time.

I think you should also include the 2007 slams when Nadal was ranked No. 2.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts

But in the 2008 US Open, for example, the bigger threat at that time was Murray compared to Novak. Murray was in Nadal's half. It would have been easier for Nadal to get Novak at that time.

I think you should also include the 2007 slams when Nadal was ranked No. 2.
Federer pretty much dominated Murray in the final whereas Djokovic was much tougher in the semis. So I am not sure how Murray was a bigger threat. I know he was great all summer but he has yet to prove himself in grandslams unlike Djokovic who won the AO. And please I don't want to hear the excuse that Murray was exhausted in the final and so on. When you lose, you lose and that's all there is to it.

As for your second point there is really no point in including the draws prior to 2008 because before 08, Murray and Djokovic were not the same players they are today. They were not really much of a threat before 2008.

Anyways, I don't think the draws are rigged. Sometimes you get a little lucky with your draw, other times you don't. If you are good enough you will win. You can never really count luck out. It's a part of everything. You always need a little bit of luck in order to be successful at anything really.

·
29,664 Posts

It would only not be rigged against Nadal if they decided to put Djokovic AND Murray in Fed's half and put an LL in the 3/4 position on Rafito's side.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

I'm starting to believe the draws are rigged. My brother and I joked about how, given the groundswell of support for Federer to win RG, that we could already predict the draw:

Federer would get Blake and Roddick
Rafa would get Verdasco and Ferrer

Novak in Rafa's sections would have been too obvious.

The powers that be want Federer to win RG...I pray it doesn't happen (at least under these circumstances).

·
Registered
11,617 Posts

Nadull always gets cakewalk draws at Australia, Wimbledon and the US Open.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts

I'm starting to believe the draws are rigged. My brother and I joked about how, given the groundswell of support for Federer to win RG, that we could already predict the draw:

Federer would get Blake and Roddick
Rafa would get Verdasco and Ferrer

Novak in Rafa's sections would have been too obvious.

The powers that be want Federer to win RG...I pray it doesn't happen (at least under these circumstances).
You and your brother both suffer from paranoia, hence likely a genetic defect.

BTW: Roddick is a thougher matchup then Ferrer. Ferrer is out of form.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

Nadull always gets cakewalk draws at Australia, Wimbledon and the US Open.
Um...right the AO was a breeze...and so were the last two Wimbledons...:rolleyes: And you had to love the way Rafa was treated at last year's U.S. Open (and Andy too).

1 - 20 of 636 Posts